Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-24-2016, 04:51 PM   #341
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The moment those pics of these turtles from the show surfaced I knew i was buying them regardless of ES. LOL This is a 'keep for ever' set to me. Could never see myself selling it...EVER!
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:54 PM   #342
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by psimon View Post
Not sure what the deal is with ES... The Wolf Predator did not have one and that did not negatively affect it's sales or current value (nor did the price drop when it started to ship). If anything many people (here at least) will not buy the TMNT set because there is no ES making the final number even less making it more rare and therefore more valuable in aftermarket.
just depends on how much they actually make, predator lsf probably only ended up having a run of a few hundred but what if they make thousands of these? either way its a waiting game for me, no es = no preorder might as well wait for in hand pics and a possible discount
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #343
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Yeah... I'm in the IDGAF camp regarding the ES. I grew up with these Turtles and I will never sell the set.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:17 PM   #344
NinjaBatman
Doh!

Like others have said...no plans to sell these ever. Not bothered about the edition size.
NinjaBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:37 PM   #345
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Yeah... I'm in the IDGAF camp regarding the ES. I grew up with these Turtles and I will never sell the set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBatman View Post
Like others have said...no plans to sell these ever. Not bothered about the edition size.
right on

I feel that way about most of my orders, im undecided between jumping into this or sideshows so im holding out for a little more info
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #346
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Sigh the IDGAF about ES crowd is what let's companies continue to kill this collectible hobby. I don't care if you don't plan on ever selling. It should still have an ES. this is a prime 1 piece and I bought it as a prime 1 piece. If sideshow is really going to jump in and leave it open es then prime 1 is heading in the wrong direction. Just my luck, my 1st prime 1 order and they start with the games.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #347
kevin2323

I've always said the regular version should be for the open ES crowd. Make the exclusive numbered. You know, because that's the definition of exclusive lol.

Ps: no offense to anyone. I just don't like sideshows business model.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:54 AM   #348
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Yeah I want the ES to be small and yeah P1 may be headed wrong... But ES is only one factor going in to whether or not these will retain their value. You've also got demand to think about and scarcity of any 90's movie memorabilia to consider. Also the likelyhood that a quality set like these will be made again is pretty much nill..

And then there's the price tag. $2300 pretty much gaurentees these wont be flying off the shelves like the standard SS 6000 ES $400 PF. And to top that off, how many are you going to see in the aftermarket when the nostalgia factor keeps many from ever selling them?

and fwiw some of those 6000 ES statues are going for double in the aftermarket. Blitzway's open ES goes up in value too. I feel bad for you guys if you miss these.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:23 AM   #349
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
I've always said the regular version should be for the open ES crowd. Make the exclusive numbered. You know, because that's the definition of exclusive lol.

Ps: no offense to anyone. I just don't like sideshows business model.
+1

At these prices I can understand the need to protect your investment. Open ES just removes all sense of urgency (and some excitement) in regards to buying these pieces now instead of later.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:14 AM   #350
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
+1

At these prices I can understand the need to protect your investment. Open ES just removes all sense of urgency (and some excitement) in regards to buying these pieces now instead of later.

I ordered regardless but I expected an ES to be locked once sideshow announced their new line of turtles.

man if those get an ES and these don't.......... lord help me lol.