Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-25-2016, 02:14 AM   #261
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Season 3 = Flashpoint???
Looks like it, at least the TV version of Flashpoint...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:01 AM   #262
protector2814
Phoenix

Looks like it ... even though they covered a lot of Flashpoint in the 1st season. What a finale! The show was framed by 2 Barry vs. Zoom slo-mo fights that just blew my mind. I was in Flash heaven. Hearing Zoom utter the familiar three word phrase towards the end was great. I'm baffled as to how DC & the CW can get this show so right & completely fumble the ball w/ Legends of Tomorrow? The Flash just has the most solid acting & writing of the 3.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:43 AM   #263
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Looks like it ... even though they covered a lot of Flashpoint in the 1st season. What a finale! The show was framed by 2 Barry vs. Zoom slo-mo fights that just blew my mind. I was in Flash heaven. Hearing Zoom utter the familiar three word phrase towards the end was great. I'm baffled as to how DC & the CW can get this show so right & completely fumble the ball w/ Legends of Tomorrow? The Flash just has the most solid acting & writing of the 3.

Legends has been a clunky experience. Maybe the cast is so large that you can't delve deeply on each character. And some characters you'd rather not see at all. Not a big fan of Rip Hunter and he's supposed to be the leader so that already is a big mark against it.

So far in the season there's been maybe 2 or 3 episodes that I genuinely enjoyed. The rest have felt meh. Some scenes that work but most that don't. Actions that feel forced instead of natural.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #264
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Legends has been a clunky experience. Maybe the cast is so large that you can't delve deeply on each character. And some characters you'd rather not see at all. Not a big fan of Rip Hunter and he's supposed to be the leader so that already is a big mark against it.

So far in the season there's been maybe 2 or 3 episodes that I genuinely enjoyed. The rest have felt meh. Some scenes that work but most that don't. Actions that feel forced instead of natural.
While I loved 80% of the first season and much of the finale it ultimately left me cold. The quasi deus ex machina of both the time wraiths and time remnant with such limited build up or follow through on the concepts in previous episodes was a cop out o me. The deal breaker however was Barry forgoing all the lessons and examples of the last two seasons and selfishly going back to save his mother. IMHO it was inconsistent with what they had built the character up to be to that point.

In regards to LoT, aside from Rip Hunters ridiculous facial hair, I quite like it so far. Full disclosure I am only 3-4 episodes in having started it with this weeks Flash/Arrow finales. I prefer the more mature cast and group dynamics. I also find that it challenges itself more than Flash and Arrow thus far, as it does not have to rely on the relationship melodrama as much.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:56 AM   #265
abarron
Batman

Just finished up season 2 and thought it was really good
Got better as it went on

Can't wait so see how the finale effects Season 3
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:14 AM   #266
abarron
Batman

One thing that has been puzzling me about the series is where are all the good Metahumans at?

Every Meta in the series is a bad guy. I get that Zoom brought a load of them from earth 2 but with all the earth 1 metas about there does appear to be a single good guy other than Barry and Cisco
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #267
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

So I guess we're getting a two-part musical crossover with Supergirl next season.

http://screenrant.com/supergirl-flas...ver-confirmed/
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #268
protector2814
Phoenix

Yeah, I read this & was a little shocked. Even though, I watched this years comicon, Flash panel & it was sorta looking like the fans kind of asked for this. Grant & the Supergirl actress are both strong singers. Still, I'm not thrilled.

What I am thrilled about is that the show's producers announced a 2-parter, season 3 return to Ape-City & a showdown w/ Grodd!!! That should wipe away the vom-taste.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/grodd-go...-to-the-flash/
Old 08-12-2016, 03:41 PM   #269
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I don't watch Flash so ultimately I don't care, but the musical episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer is considered by many (including myself) to be one of the best so this upcoming musical crossover may not be so bad.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #270
protector2814
Phoenix

Funny you brought up the Buffy Musicals episode. 'cause it appears that Buffy's Joss Whedon may will be directing the Flash/Supergirl musical episodes. - http://www.darkhorizons.com/whedon-t...girl-musicals/