Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 10:36 PM   #101
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
That's a very polite way of saying the new owners think they have artistic talent. The ability to hire Hive to do concepts does not make one an art director.

Jerry, some unsolicited advice. Don't bother with Zbrush. Find someone who still believes in traditional sculpting, is willing to bankroll a new company and can handle production. Start small. Stay small. Acquire some niche licenses that haven't been tapped and do what you do best. No more than 5-6 products a year. Hand sculpted by you. Low ES. Quality over quantity. I'll be first in line on PO day.

The Ultra Ryu and Ultimate Warrior show at least a good basic capability.

These things are mainly based on 2D art. Find something iconic and roll with it.
Trying to get too "creative" is a pitfall. (Yeah I'm looking at you Ultra Cammy)
Old 08-09-2018, 10:41 PM   #102
dao2
Cyclops

I think some of their new stuff is great. Like the ultimate warrior came out looking amazing, the new tmnt statues look nice. Sakura was definitely not up to snuff though. I will be hard passing on it atm.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:52 PM   #103
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Wow lots of drama these days with PCS huh. I'm glad I moved on from their products in general.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:48 PM   #104
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I’m a long timer here and I’ll just say that Jerry was always honest with me and took care of any issues and refunds. He is a stand up guy in my opinion.

These new owners are not..
Old 08-10-2018, 02:06 AM   #105
dao2
Cyclops

tbf to the new owners the refund issues were coming to a head under jerry, they basically inherited the problems and just couldnt fix all of them

i have yet to experience an issue with them though
Old 08-10-2018, 08:47 AM   #106
ambasah
Red Skull

the new owners were able to rectify a problem I had.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #107
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Every day there are businesses that close. There are a lot of people who think they can run a business but then once they get into it they are confronted with the difficulties of doing so and find they don’t know what they are doing.

Not to mention all the people in this forum who think they know how a statue business should be run.
Old 08-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #108
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I want to sound impartial, so I'll just blame the customer for daring to speculate for reasons why a company is unwilling to dish out refunds.

I don't care how a statue business should be run. That is their job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySweat View Post
Jerry sure knows how to screw up a business. He s too thick headed to realize he can't run a company. Less talking and more sculpting, Jerry.
He's wasting his time worrying what others say or think about him. He's free now to sculpt whatever he wants. He could even sell them, if he's willing to partner with someone who would put up with him, share a cut, and avoid the entire business aspect of it.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:38 PM   #109
Atheris
The Maxx

Dont see what Jerry has to do with this conversation to be honest. This is business, the company was sold, new owners inherited any liability and/or success PCS owned at the time of the transaction. Whatever your opinions about Jerry the person/former CEO are become irrelevant. He's legally released from any decisions or direction the company decides to move forward with afterwards. Have any members here ever bought a used home? It's on you to do your due diligence for the purchase you're legally binding yourself in, get a home inspection, get CMA's ect. If the water pipes burst or the roof caves in a month later it's not the previous home owners responsibility, its yours. If the new owners were competent enough, I'm sure they knew every detail about PCS before going in, they likely sat and pondered there risk/reward of the company for a while before committing to the agreement. Everything that happens afterward is on them and them alone. Jerry did what he could while he ran the show, better or for worse. However, to say he's responsible for decisions made after the fact without his involvement is bs, that's not the way it works. Personal opinions and feelings toward Jerry dont make the argument more legit because you feel he needs to step in and fix things for being the face of PCS since inception. Again, that's not the way business works. I feel collectors cant relate to this as they're on the other side of the fence simply demanding satisfaction no matter how its delivered, so someone has to take the fall for the discomfort. All I'm saying is you have your sights set in the wrong direction. The only word and communication anyone should be concerned with at this point are with the current owners, that's it.

Chris
Old 08-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #110
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Dont see what Jerry has to do with this conversation to be honest. This is business, the company was sold, new owners inherited any liability and/or success PCS owned at the time of the transaction. Whatever your opinions about Jerry the person/former CEO are become irrelevant. He's legally released from any decisions or direction the company decides to move forward with afterwards. Have any members here ever bought a used home? It's on you to do your due diligence for the purchase you're legally binding yourself in, get a home inspection, get CMA's ect. If the water pipes burst or the roof caves in a month later it's not the previous home owners responsibility, its yours. If the new owners were competent enough, I'm sure they knew every detail about PCS before going in, they likely sat and pondered there risk/reward of the company for a while before committing to the agreement. Everything that happens afterward is on them and them alone. Jerry did what he could while he ran the show, better or for worse. However, to say he's responsible for decisions made after the fact without his involvement is bs, that's not the way it works. Personal opinions and feelings toward Jerry dont make the argument more legit because you feel he needs to step in and fix things for being the face of PCS since inception. Again, that's not the way business works. I feel collectors cant relate to this as they're on the other side of the fence simply demanding satisfaction no matter how its delivered, so someone has to take the fall for the discomfort. All I'm saying is you have your sights set in the wrong direction. The only word and communication anyone should be concerned with at this point are with the current owners, that's it.

Chris

Of course he's legally released. Else he'd be in a whole different situation. I think everyone gets that.

Jerry sold PCS for a reason and as clearly evidenced it wasn't because he "just wants to do art" or didn't want to be in business.
He didn't want to be in the PCS business, and not just because of "massive creative differences".
They've been making the same type stuff with the same plans ever since Jerry left. Only a buffoon would believe a couple individuals would buy a statue company and want no say in the product produced.

Finding a couple ignorant suckers to sell a bad deal doesn't erase the responsibility or causality for the situation in the first place even if the legal liability is sold with it.
No one is giving the current owners a pass, nor are we going to give Gerald "Jerry" Macaluso one either.
In the discussion of what went wrong he doesn't just get to say "I sold it over a year ago" and see himself out of the conversation.

Selling your grandma a car while knowing the engine's about to give out, while legal, makes me no less a piece of sh!t now does it?
Closed Thread