Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #121
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I think you mixed that up : )
Jean and Phoenix bah I see it now haha
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #122
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
What I mean is jean looked Great as well but was clearly not as good as BW, and ofcourse not the same face but the same Quality.

So I hope storm will be better then Phoenix
She Hulk and Medusa head sculpts were better than previous female portraits as well. Catwoman is best IMO so far...along with Magdalena and Storrm
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:08 PM   #123
Demona
Martian Manhunter

It's been so long since we have seen Magdalena that I don't remember what her face looks like.

If anything, I'm judging their growth by non-masked female like Lady Sif and She-Thor. Those are beautiful!

I'm just wondering what the second portrait will be changed to and if XM does the right thing and paints this silver/grey. Not white.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:16 AM   #124
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
So, do you have the Colossus PF already? If so, are you happy with it? Imagine an XM Colossus! I'd also love to see an impressive Rogue and Kitty. Cyclops? Meh.
I do. I'm happy with it. Colossus is one of the few tall guys that ss didn't hunch over. I took this pre-Jean PF, I need to take new photos:

That said, my statue desire is to have 2 separate X-Men displays.

One, late 70s/early 80s roster
My favorite X-Men run is Giant Size X-Men #1 through Dark Phoenix Saga as it's really just one big epic storyline so I want this awesome roster. A Banshee statue is the longshot here (pun!)

And Two, early 90s roster
These were my X-Men growing up. 1/4 Archangel could be something glorious.
Little known fact, Banshee & Forge lived at Xavier's as tech support so they were usually left out of early 90s team artwork even though they were definitely around. They're really completist here and not necessary:

Now Kitty...a classic X-Man no doubt, and I like her now but Kitty wasn't an X-Man for me while growing up so she was always less essential for me...as a 90s kid I was introduced to the X-Men through the cartoon she never appeared in. And although I went back and read all of the old stories, Kitty didn't pop up until the end of my favorite run and didn't join until after Jean, one of my favorite characters, died. So I kinda just missed out on Kitty.

I'm ALL about Jubilee!!!! Show me her.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:40 PM   #125
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think the SS PF of Colossus is nice, just wish he wasn't looking down/to the side.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:30 AM   #126
captoz
Nightwing

I am with you all the way on that GS X-Men 1 team! I hope Banshee isn't too much of a longshot. I think he is essential and would love to see him. In fact, I would love to see Thunderbird too. We already have Phoenix, so are part of the way there with this team.

Not much interest in Jubilee from me. I grew up on the Byrne era and then Paul Smith. Would love to see Kitty and Lockheed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I do. I'm happy with it. Colossus is one of the few tall guys that ss didn't hunch over. I took this pre-Jean PF, I need to take new photos:

That said, my statue desire is to have 2 separate X-Men displays.

One, late 70s/early 80s roster
My favorite X-Men run is Giant Size X-Men #1 through Dark Phoenix Saga as it's really just one big epic storyline so I want this awesome roster. A Banshee statue is the longshot here (pun!)

And Two, early 90s roster
These were my X-Men growing up. 1/4 Archangel could be something glorious.
Little known fact, Banshee & Forge lived at Xavier's as tech support so they were usually left out of early 90s team artwork even though they were definitely around. They're really completist here and not necessary:

Now Kitty...a classic X-Man no doubt, and I like her now but Kitty wasn't an X-Man for me while growing up so she was always less essential for me...as a 90s kid I was introduced to the X-Men through the cartoon she never appeared in. And although I went back and read all of the old stories, Kitty didn't pop up until the end of my favorite run and didn't join until after Jean, one of my favorite characters, died. So I kinda just missed out on Kitty.

I'm ALL about Jubilee!!!! Show me her.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #127
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Artgerm must have heard me ranting I didn't want a Storm based on his design because he just posted a stunning Storm on his Instagram

Not in this design though. It's in her updated black one-piece, which is a design I have always adored.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #128
adee
Green Arrow

Thanks for the heads up Demona, now I want that Storm!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:47 AM   #129
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Artgerm must have heard me ranting I didn't want a Storm based on his design because he just posted a stunning Storm on his Instagram

Not in this design though. It's in her updated black one-piece, which is a design I have always adored.
Actually, he did the Storm pic because I had posted a comment on one of his WIP images that I would die to see him do Storm. He then posted that he realized he had never done Storm before. So voila . . .

NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #130
Demona
Martian Manhunter

For your suggestion, you should get the art He then turned around and did a Mohawk Head-shot. Not as refined as the full body, but still pretty.

And FTR -- This is the type of facial expression that would be acceptable on the second portrait. Soft open mouth or a smile.

I really wish XM would comment on if that laughing portrait is being changed. I hate it.