Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Arkham City Catwoman Statue

Found this while browsing through the DC Collectibles website http://www.shopdcentertainment.com/p...fType=&from=fn

She looks great, close to the original poster pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ac catwoman.png
Views:	247
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	81707  
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

This is the first time I have seen her outside of the digital prototype they used for the solicitation. She loos great and I like the choice to carry the colours to her lips as well.

Really digging this line; brought home the Riddler a day or two ago and he is a gem. Great sculpt, decent paint application and an interesting pose. I know some of my enthusiasm stems from finally being able to have a "Riddler" statue in my collection despite collecting Batman pieces since the 90's.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 12-15-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
SuperJ300
Zot

Very nice, seen a review of these statues on youtube and they look great.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #4
Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
This is the first time I have seen her outside of the digital prototype they used for the solicitation. She loos great and I like the choice to carry the colours to her lips as well.

Really digging this line; brought home the Riddler a day or two ago and he is a gem. Great sculpt, decent paint application and an interesting pose. I know some of my enthusiasm stems from finally being able to have a "Riddler" statue in my collection despite collecting Batman pieces since the 90's.
Saw Riddler at my LCS today & congrats, he looks awesome! Selina won't arrive until the first week of February here.

My only concern is her whip, hope it'll be made of durable plastic (if it's ceramic it may snap in transit) unless they package it really well inside.

Also wish the series doesn't end with Armored Batman. It'll be great to get Poison Ivy, Talia al Ghul & the others in statue form.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #5
Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
Very nice, seen a review of these statues on youtube and they look great.
Likewise, saw some reviews & i'm tempted to get all of them (only own Harley at the moment). However, Kotobukiya are releasing more awesome pieces next year so the blokes will have to wait haha. Definitely getting this AC Catwoman though!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

One thing to consider is that Koto statues will be smaller than these. But given how much they push the ArtFX+ line, they might wind up covering a lot more characters in the end.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
One thing to consider is that Koto statues will be smaller than these. But given how much they push the ArtFX+ line, they might wind up covering a lot more characters in the end.
That's true, then it depends what the buyer likes most (& their budget) the DCC monochrome scheme or Koto coloured metallic paint finish
Old 12-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
built2shred
Phoenix

The detail on the DC ArtFX+ line is not all that great IMO.. They have made a big improvement on their Marvel line of ArtFX+ though.

One thing to think about also is the DC Arkham statues will be around for a long time, so there's no rush in buying them. If you wait long enough you can usually get them for like 30%-50% off during one of DC's statue sales when they try to get rid of inventory.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #9
Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
...If you wait long enough you can usually get them for like 30%-50% off during one of DC's statue sales when they try to get rid of inventory.
*sigh* If only DCC ships overseas & the Warner Bros. australian store distributes statues :|
Old 12-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I hope the re-release this entire line with statues painted in full color. This black and grey with hint of color are not doing these sculpts justice.

I would have considered Bats, Joker, Harley and Cats if they were all full color.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote