Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Digital Photography

Old 07-07-2008, 01:47 AM   #1
JasonTD
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Which digital video camera should I get?

I've been running my collectibles blog at www.Mechazilla.com for a while now and have been doing statue reviews and photos with my Digital Rebel. I've recently been thinking about doing video reviews as well, but I don't know what camera I should be looking at. I figured this would be a good place to seek wisdom before I make my purchase.

My ultimate plan is to have something that will store video on something other than DVDs or videotapes. I'd like it to write to maybe flash memory of some sort that I could then easily transfer to my computer for editing. It doesn't have to be super swanky, but I'd like to have good enough quality to be able to make quality videos that could show off details decently on the collectibles I review. Also, I'd like to be able to plug an external mic into it (I have a nice lavalier mic that I'm planning to use).

The final videos will be uploaded to YouTube most likely, so something that would be good for producing at that resolution or so would be great for my needs. Also, I don't want anything super hugely expensive.

So, based on all of that, does anybody have suggestions for what I should be looking at? Thanks in advance
JasonTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:25 AM   #2
P1X4R
Producer

Gruson might have a recommendation but he shoots in HD..
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote