Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-20-2019, 03:32 AM   #31
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

have prime1 canceled the alex ross shazam statue?
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:30 AM   #32
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
have prime1 canceled the alex ross shazam statue?
No one knows, and P1 sure isn't gonna tell us.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:09 AM   #33
Araxel
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I’ve got quite a few ‘good’ movie related pieces. And a few okay ones from Sideshow for various Bat films, and Star Wars etc. For my Marvel line I’ve gone all in with Iron Studios, whereas with DC I’m getting a large chunk of the Prime 1 pieces. Most have great paint and decent likeness. Costume isn’t really dependant on the statue company, and the poses unfortunately can be a bit on the basic museum type pose etc.
The MCU is the biggest thing in the history of cinema, even if some diehard comic fans don't appreciate some of the costumes and general changes, those statues will stay relevant for a long time, probably even after the original cast rotates out.
And Iron Studios is a pretty solid choice, their Quarter scales are lovely.

Prime 1 and movie statues is another story for me, I dislike these generic museum poses paired with simple bases. I'm actually selling my complete Suicide Squad lineup (except Harley, but more for aesthetic reasons, lol), because I don't feel they are worth the space they take.

This Shazam statue is even worse for me, because there are no companion pieces and nobody knows how the DCEU will develop in the future.
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:12 AM   #34
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxel View Post
The MCU is the biggest thing in the history of cinema, even if some diehard comic fans don't appreciate some of the costumes and general changes, those statues will stay relevant for a long time, probably even after the original cast rotates out.

Prime 1 and movie statues is another story for me, I dislike these generic museum poses paired with simple bases. I'm actually selling my complete Suicide Squad lineup (except Harley, but more for aesthetic reasons, lol), because I don't feel they are worth the space they take.

This Shazam statue is even worse for me, because there are no companion pieces and nobody knows how the DCEU will develop in the future.
I'm pretty much getting pieces from all their DCEU lines except for Suicide Squad. As the movie didn't really appeal to me at all.

I personally love the 1/2 BVS Trinity I have, and I'll be getting the full 1/3 Justice League set, as well a piece from the WW and AM movies. And I might consider the Shazam piece down the line, but I'm not sure right now.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:48 AM   #35
doomsdayd
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxel View Post

The MCU is definitely not the biggest thing in cinema. Sorry. What they have done is impressive as far as garnering a movie universe but a lot of their movies feel more like TV episodes than a full cinematic experience. I enjoyed Winter Soldier and Infinity War tho lol. Problem with these universes is that statues are constantly being put out for each costume for a specific character. Look at how many cancellations are being made on the Infinity War Thanos from Iron Studios since they unveiled the Endgame Thanos.

As far as P1 - people complained when the bases are too much and they complain the bases are too dull. They try to make the design that best embodies the character and movie. The JL statues are shared the same base because it was an ensemble movie. The Aquaman/Black Manta statue had intricate bases with a more dynamic pose. People are wait-listing 1:3 statues. That is unprecedented.
doomsdayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #36
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsdayd View Post
The MCU is definitely not the biggest thing in cinema. Sorry.
I think he means from a box office perspective. It's hard to argue that point.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #37
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think he means from a box office perspective. It's hard to argue that point.
Yup whether you like it or not, not adjusting for inflation, the MCU is the most successful (not necessarily most profitable though) franchise of all time, and even when adjusting for inflation it probably still is. But that’s certainly helped by it being on its 22nd film now. And it doesn’t seem like it’s going to slow down much in the future.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #38
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsdayd View Post
The MCU is definitely not the biggest thing in cinema. Sorry. What they have done is impressive as far as garnering a movie universe but a lot of their movies feel more like TV episodes than a full cinematic experience. I enjoyed Winter Soldier and Infinity War tho lol. Problem with these universes is that statues are constantly being put out for each costume for a specific character. Look at how many cancellations are being made on the Infinity War Thanos from Iron Studios since they unveiled the Endgame Thanos.

As far as P1 - people complained when the bases are too much and they complain the bases are too dull. They try to make the design that best embodies the character and movie. The JL statues are shared the same base because it was an ensemble movie. The Aquaman/Black Manta statue had intricate bases with a more dynamic pose. People are wait-listing 1:3 statues. That is unprecedented.
Are you talking about the 1/10 scale piece? As didn’t most of the preorders for that ship well before the announcement of the Endgame version?

And other than Captain America and Iron Man, there’s barely been any good 1/4 statues that have been repeated. Now Hot Toys is a completely different story though.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #39
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

On the fence here... I like the illumination. The head looks a little small and the pose is blah. Lot of dough....
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:58 PM   #40
One Above All

I am considering to buy this statue over the xm colossus statue

only have $ for 1 statue if I save up now
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote