Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 08-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
BDoggWhite
Birdman

BDoggWhite Collection

Here is my collection. My initial goals are to have a museum-like feel and no clutter. Pics of individual pieces will be added as well as updates to the room.

Aug. 2015 Update - New Flooring installed (and LED lights)

BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Very classy!
Old 08-04-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

Beautiful display.
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
naindejardin
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Nice collection!
naindejardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
BDoggWhite
Birdman

I've finally begun the remodel of my statue area. The Marvel/right ledge is too narrow for all pieces, so I need to widen them. In order to keep everything uniform, I decided that custom countertops were my best option. The intent is to keep the current shelving, countertops, moulding intact in case I sell the residence down the road, so I'm building on top of and around them. As you can see, working around the moulding for the brackets was a bit cumbersome. The brackets and wood will be painted the same color as the wall. It's been quite the project for someone with no expertise in that arena. Anyhow, for those interested in the process, here's a work-in-progress pic and a pic of the countertop to be installed.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:21 AM   #6
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Excellent.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #7
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Nov. 2014 Update - Countertops installed

Panoramic View

Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #8
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Great collection! My favorite type of display is the non cluttered look as you have here. I think the viewer can get a better appreciation of the pieces in your collection!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Nice update!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:14 PM   #10
BDoggWhite
Birdman

eFX Captain America Shield

Shield #122 arrived yesterday. After much debate of the compare/contrast with the upcoming King Arts shields throughout waiting for the shield to arrive, I knew better than to doubt eFX's track record of quality. They do not disappoint with Captain America's Shield. I am very pleased with my purchase and am impressed with the paints apps and how it appears to be spun aluminum. I have the aforementioned KA on pre-order and am not sure what I'll do with them. If this is the only shield to reside in my home, I'm pleased. Here are some pics and thoughts:

Up-close shots.
Precision with the paint apps and the appearance of spun aluminum (If you're not familiar with this shield, it is made of fiberglass like the stunt prop from the Avengers movie...King Arts promotes an aluminum shield). It looks very impressive.

Everyday viewing on wall mount
This thing looks great on the wall! The wall mount is the lone downer for me. Perhaps I was spoiled by the sheer awesomeness of eFX's Mjolnir stand as this wall mount pales in comparison. I will look into coming up with my own mount as the logos detract from the shield for me. I would have preferred the transparent supports without logos. If you plan on displaying a 1:1 scale shield on a pedestal and not on a wall, you will need a large space.

On display with other replicas
Here's the shield on display with my other replicas. The shield isn't centered as I went with a pre-existing hole while mulling over what to do with a custom wall mount. As you can see, the shield fits in beautifully with eFX's Thor's Mjolnir.

Great job, eFX! The gong case that comes with is an excellent and thoughtful inclusion. Bravo!

I read a lot of heat towards eFX regarding delays, etc and feel that their past history bit them on this order. This shield went up for PO in May 2014 and was still delivered to my door well under a year from PO. Sideshow statues are almost always at least a year wait. There was one delay that appeared to be QC-related but we shouldn't complain about eFX's insistence on delivering top notch stuff...the consumer wins by waiting a bit longer. The nearly month long delay in December-January was beyond eFX's control with the port strike.

In the end, this is a superb product and currently hangs proudly in my collection. Congrats to all of those who got in on the pre-orders and will get theirs in the near future!