Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #171
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I can pretty much guarantee that the raptor won't be part vinyl part poly. Never in all my years in this hobby have seen a combination like that. Have you?
makes sense. it would be difficult to seam vinyl and poly. I actually don't mind vinyl. those jp horizon models are vinyl and they hold amazing detail. and seen p1 baby blue, it has so much rich detail. just wanted to know, that's all.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #172
FROBAY
Phoenix

P1 easy pass. No Vinyl for me.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #173
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
P1 easy pass. No Vinyl for me.
can I ask why? just want to know people's opinion.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #174
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
can I ask why? just want to know people's opinion.
One cause it's not heavy so polystone diehards can't brag about how hefty their new collectible is and two because apparently vinyl will fall apart over time? Maybe if you live in the desert and the sun is directly on it.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #175
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
One cause it's not heavy so polystone diehards can't brag about how hefty their new collectible is and two because apparently vinyl will fall apart over time? Maybe if you live in the desert and the sun is directly on it.
Yeah that's one downside, i like heavy, solid statues.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:25 AM   #176
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
Weight is not really a factor, it is more durability and that plastic feeling I am concerned about. Even polystone can deform in harsh conditions, but vinyl will be even more fragile.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:27 AM   #177
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Weight is not really a factor, it is more durability and that plastic feeling I am concerned about. Even polystone can deform in harsh conditions, but vinyl will be even more fragile.
i trust p1 and pretty sure CC will find the best way of producing great vinyl materials for their pieces. better formulas.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #178
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post

These images make it clear I’m going with CC blue
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #179
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikemBHD View Post
These images make it clear I’m going with CC blue
Very nice indeed!!
Old 07-24-2018, 10:51 PM   #180
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

A few thoughts:

vinyl? Well, okay I guess? I suppose? Does vinyl material in any way warrant a $900 price tag even in baby blue size? Even if it were some super vinyl plastic ancient secret recipe recently rediscovered in the highlands of somewhere in Europe, I don't see vinyl as an expensive material, just a useful material in certain situations. This is one of those times where it feels like customers could save hundreds of dollars but get charged the status quo pricing because it's status quo, it's expected, people will pay it, and it's an uncommon opportunity to make more money than you usually do. But it just seems and feels like that, I am by no means assuming it to be the truth.

At the end of the day, vinyl is plastic. It's just that when it comes to hearing the word vinyl, as American, you can't help but associate it to, well, vinyl in America and how vinyl is the cheapo standard for cheaper products. Although as I understand it, plastics of all types are heavily used in this hobby for one reason or another.

Is it me or does the CC blue seem far more accurate and faithful to the movie since they had access to the digi files? and Prime 1 doesn't, I guess? Because CC's blue looks way better as baby blue while Prime's looks like adult blue but shrunk down. To my eyes CC has a very easy win in appearance but Prime has a very easy win in paint app, even if it's not accurate and it may not be I'd have to look at the scenes again. It's just a really nice looking dinosaur. But at the end of the day I'm an accuracy guy.

I am quite shocked at first when I saw the $899 price tag and was getting ready to eat a hat or a crow or something but then I saw vinyl and new views of Prime blue and I feel comfortable in declaring I need not eat away. Prime clearly had to make sacrifices in order to get the green light to sell their blue. CC is very protective of the licenses they pay for, there is no way they would just agree to a straight up competition out of the kindness of their heart, as how I understand it, the reason Prime 1 has access to JP is because CC allowed it. Now that may be wrong but other people were saying it and I am repeating it.

If somehow someway Prime 1 is totally apart from CC because they are overseas then hey, I got nothing on why they would go with vinyl and a 899 price. So far they have not held back on product or pricing. Maybe they made sacrifices to compete against CC. But my money is on forced sacrifices because CC is selling Prime 1's baby through their website. I don't think anyone would take that gut + nut punch willingly in real competition.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote