Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #281
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I couldn't wait for Sideshow to release more information, so I just found something myself courtesy of IGN. You're welcome!

X-Men: Rogue Maquette

Sideshow recently announced a new line of 1:4 scale X-Men statues, kicking off with new takes on Wolverine, Magneto, Mystique and Emma Frost. Rogue will be next in line, with a look inspired by her classic '90s costume. The Sideshow-exclusive version will come with an alternate head piece.

WooHoo!!
Nice
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #282
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I just need the full reveal of this statue so I can see if I am throwing all my points/money at this.....or something else. So far, seems like the Southern Bell is unbeatable.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #283
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This is the piece I'm most excited to see the full reveal for. Hopeful it's got a good base.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #284
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yep, super stoked for this. This and Spidey LSF. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #285
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I just need the full reveal of this statue so I can see if I am throwing all my points/money at this.....or something else. So far, seems like the Southern Bell is unbeatable.
While personally I like X-23 more, as a character and in statue form, I'd have to agree. I think this one is gonna blow away all the other X-Ladies at sdcc when it's fully revealed. From the one picture alone, I feel like it's already a winner.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:17 AM   #286
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think that the EX on this is really damn near non-f**k-upable. Like really, as long as she has a cute smirk and her wavy hair it's an easy sell.

What I'm worried about is the price AND if there is a set edition. I don't think SS would pull the same system as Thanos. But who knows.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #287
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

She will be TBD even though I'm a firm believer they should pull a Thanos more often.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #288
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
She will be TBD even though I'm a firm believer they should pull a Thanos more often.
I think they should too. There's something exciting about a low set edition size. The only downside is that it plays into the hands of flippers, which I think is a big part of why statue prices and edition sizes have gone through the roof in recent years.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:52 AM   #289
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I still think Sideshow should set the EX ES when the preorder goes up and leave the "collector's edition" or whatever the hell they're calling it now as TBD until they're comfortable setting the ES for it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:54 AM   #290
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I think they should too. There's something exciting about a low set edition size. The only downside is that it plays into the hands of flippers, which I think is a big part of why statue prices and edition sizes have gone through the roof in recent years.
That's true, but I still believe that in Thanos' case, 95% of them went to actual fans vs. flippers. He's the first statue they've done in years that as created as much hype/excitement as it did, and he's the first statue in years that has considerably risen in value.

I know Sideshow probably doesn't care much about after market value, but IMO they should. No one wants to have a reputation as a company who's product value tanks after release (see constant comments from people who say they'll just get it on eBay later for cheaper).