Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-20-2016, 03:42 PM   #51
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I think part of why the Frazetta line might not be doing better is due to none of them being out, but continuing to go up for preorder at high prices. I know I haven't preordered them yet because I want to see how Death Dealer ends up in hand. Once I see how the QC is for these massive intricate pieces then I'll be willing to start picking them up.

This x 100. I ordered Death Dealer 1 when it first went up for pre - order at NYCC and it was paid in full a long time ago. Here it is however much time later and I am still waiting. This is my first ARH statue and no way am I pre ordering another one without seeing this one.

I have absolutely no interest in ARH's original stuff so this will probably be the only I own from them. Bummed they aren't going to do more Frazetta.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 05:07 PM   #52
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Maybe Im just hearing Ehren wrong but it doesnt sound to me like he's saying the Frazzeta line isnt doing well. All I heard was that their original stuff was going faster for some reason and that its much more profitable to stick with the original pieces because theres no license fee. Arent most of the Frazetta preorders sold out? Shame they cant work at least one/yr in, just to keep the line alive and the Frazetta name associated with ARH..

Wasnt a whole 1/6 Frazetta diorama line in the works too? Really sux.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:53 AM   #53
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Myth Gods (greek,celtic ect.)/ Warriors /Barbarians /female warriors / sell better for ARH than licensed stuff they get. I would still love for them to make a few Conan pieces still.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #54
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

With three comics out now and another on the way... ARH is going to have more than enough subject matter for new sculpts... I think they will always keep producing the myth statues but I think the bulk of thier stuff down the road will be tied to thier comic line.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #55
cstojano
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My 2 cents, the large size is a killer. Someone mentioned the age of the Frazetta collector. I am in my 40s and started selling almost all of my statues because, well, I am sick of the boxes. It may sound silly but I never displayed most of the pieces due to various reasons and moving the boxes from house to house was a major pain. It felt so good to sell a chunk of the collection over the last two months. The ARH line had this issue times 2. I can't imagine the real estate required to display the piece and then store the box for the 1:4 scale lines. Another issue with sales, likely, is the quality of previous offerings. Honestly I find Moore's Barbarian unbeatable and the size is just right for me. Bowen's DD1 bronze is also perfect for me. The one piece I'd pick up at this point is the unreleased DD2 that Reel Art was planning. Man what a dio that would make. I never liked the can't beat them, so make it bigger thing that seems to have dominated the statue world over the last 5 years. Sideshow is doing the same thing.
cstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #56
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Honestly, I think in the future ARH will move from a statue company that makes comics to a comic company that makes statues. They will always make the giant statues because what better way to stand out in the comic conventions than with a mini-museum of awesomeness.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote