Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #321
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
This franchise is review-proof for me. Couldn't care less what the "experts" think.
Ditto. Seeing this weekend and looking forward to it.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #322
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
doesn't that by definition make it not a great twist at all?
What I meant is you can see something is coming but not exactly what you may think... in the end the expendables arrive... they are all terminators.. the end.

Last edited by ZKULPTOR; 07-02-2015 at 08:58 PM.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:14 PM   #323
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Movie is awesome, I give it a 8 out of 10.
The girl felt a bit stiff but Arnie was great and so was the baddie.
Great twist at the end... but you can see it coming....
I thought Emilia and Arnold were both fine in their roles, in fact he was very funny as the Terminator clearly enjoying his time in the movie.

The main flaw in the movie for me is Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. He doesn't look or act like Kyle Reese from the previous movies at all. Also Jai and Emilia have got no chemistry between them and you do not at all believe they they will become a couple.

Jai was definitely miscast for the role as Kyle, they should've gotten someone else.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:49 AM   #324
BLACK OPS
The Herculoids

Saw it last night and once you do not try to think to hard about the time line stuff its more enjoyable, it will fry your brain it you try to fit in all the movies in context of the time lines. Arnold sounds like Doctor Who when he try's to explain it which is funny when you see who else is acting in it.
BLACK OPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #325
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
I thought Emilia and Arnold were both fine in their roles, in fact he was very funny as the Terminator clearly enjoying his time in the movie.

The main flaw in the movie for me is Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. He doesn't look or act like Kyle Reese from the previous movies at all. Also Jai and Emilia have got no chemistry between them and you do not at all believe they they will become a couple.

Jai was definitely miscast for the role as Kyle, they should've gotten someone else.
I agree they had no chemistry and he was a pretty weak Kyle. That said, I enjoyed him much more than the actor who played John Connor. Wow, he was terrible and I couldn't believe the "other" role he played. Really bad call IMO.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #326
Rayminator
Frackin!

The end Of terminator.

I am a diehard Terminator Fan, endoskeleton fan, and Arnold fan. Those who hated T3, i can understand, but I loved seeing Arnold back in black and thought T3 was not that bad. I only liked the part when Arnold came in Terminator Salvation and then turn into the Endoskeleton, apart from that Salvation was not a terminator good enough movie. I just saw Terminator genisys and it sucked! Big time. I hated it, it's the worst one from all of them. Arnold did not come back in his ionic black leather, endoskeletons are different in design (for the worse) and most of all the story sucked.
Spoiler for those who have not seen it. John Connor was taught all about the fight, future war blah blah. Now he turns bad, what!? What a load of nonsense!
Please tell me i'm not the only one who did not like this movie, who else thought this was a load of crap. Who here on the other had a terminator fan liked it? anyone?
Rayminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #327
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayminator View Post
I am a diehard Terminator Fan, endoskeleton fan, and Arnold fan. Those who hated T3, i can understand, but I loved seeing Arnold back in black and thought T3 was not that bad. I only liked the part when Arnold came in Terminator Salvation and then turn into the Endoskeleton, apart from that Salvation was not a terminator good enough movie. I just saw Terminator genisys and it sucked! Big time. I hated it, it's the worst one from all of them. Arnold did not come back in his ionic black leather, endoskeletons are different in design (for the worse) and most of all the story sucked.
Spoiler for those who have not seen it. John Connor was taught all about the fight, future war blah blah. Now he turns bad, what!? What a load of nonsense!
Please tell me i'm not the only one who did not like this movie, who else thought this was a load of crap. Who here on the other had a terminator fan liked it? anyone?

I'm just not going to go.
I'll still love my endos and all the other things I enjoy about Terminators in the other films, and will still collect things for those films, but I"m just going to let this one pass by. The first film is so great, I really don't want to see anything that directly mucks with an epic classic so Arnold can get a check. Which I think what all this is really about.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:52 PM   #328
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Courtney wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be. Emiliea Clarke just awful, she can't act full-stop. Connor was dire and the T1000 was way better than the T3000.
Fourth best film in franchise but it's really time to let it die.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:09 AM   #329
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

May as well repost my review here as well.

Terminator Genysis: 5/10 - Was considering giving it a 4/10 but I've got a soft spot for Arnie, so bumped it up a point. Unfortunately, I just didn't think the story was any good, and neither was most of the dialogue.

TBH, it didn't really feel much like a Terminator movie to me. It was more like something M. Night Shyamalan or the Wachowski Brothers would make if they were given a shot at the franchise.

So Arnie, be honest now. Is it a good movie ?

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #330
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Seems like the consensus is split in half.

RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote