Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

View Poll Results: Who has fallen the furthest from their "glory days" on the X-Men?
John Byrne 9 21.95%
Chris Claremont 16 39.02%
Neither - They both are still great 1 2.44%
Both should take retirement and head to Florida 15 36.59%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2005, 06:22 PM   #41
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman256
I voted Byrne.

I was such a fan of this guy's work. I had his Rog 2000 stuff from the E-Man comics, I even still have the Charlton title, Doomsday+1. I also still have The Art of John Byrne book! I collected ALL his stuff Iron Fist, Marvel Team-Up, X-Men, Fantastic Four, the various issues from Avengers...the guy was great (especially when Terry Austin inked his pencils).
More recently was the X-Men The Hidden Years (not bad), Marvel the Lost Generation and Doom Patrol (what a piece of S this series is).
Whatever happened to this guy, I can't say. Seems like when he went over to DC and did the Superman revamp, it was the beginning of the end.
Whatever he had is loooong gone.

Couldn't have said it better myself brother. His x-men (back in the day), Fantastic Four, Captain America, all defined comics for me back then. Ghah. The guys a douche now.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:22 PM   #42
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
John Byrne has gone very far down the hole.

Oh and Bill Tucci Rocks.
just to start DDura up
I'M COMING AFTER YOU NEXT!!!!!
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #43
Bartman256
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Couldn't have said it better myself brother. His x-men (back in the day), Fantastic Four, Captain America, all defined comics for me back then. Ghah. The guys a douche now.
I forgot the short Cap run!!! I still have those issue too! Cap for president...and cutting off Baron Blood's head with the shield! Great stuff! What the hell happened to this guy?!?

I blame DC! Damn you DC, damn yoooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Bartman256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM   #44
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDura711
I'M COMING AFTER YOU NEXT!!!!!
BRING IT ON.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:38 PM   #45
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
and cutting off Baron Blood's head with the shield! Great stuff! What the hell happened to this guy?!?!
I think he got his head cut off with Captain America's shield and had it stuff up his ass
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 07:00 PM   #46
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Some people just lose it. Like athletes sometimes just drop off dramatically, other talented people do as well. Not just creatively or physically, but in Byrne's case mentally. I don't know all of his work or all of his story and anyone who wants to tell me to check my facts can kiss my asprin. All I'm saying is that I don't need to give a guy who is a jack ass a bunch of chances, and he has officially pissed me off. He reminds me of the recently reemergent Bobby Fisher who went after Jeremey Schapp recently and proceeded to go on a tirade about Jews. He looked like a bumbling idiot,and thats what Byrne sounds like on his weblog. In fact he can kiss my ass two times. Actually I don't want his racist, ignorant lips anywhere near my ass, he can just go straight to hell.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:33 PM   #47
Bartman256
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage
Some people just lose it. Like athletes sometimes just drop off dramatically, other talented people do as well. Not just creatively or physically, but in Byrne's case mentally. I don't know all of his work or all of his story and anyone who wants to tell me to check my facts can kiss my asprin. All I'm saying is that I don't need to give a guy who is a jack ass a bunch of chances, and he has officially pissed me off. He reminds me of the recently reemergent Bobby Fisher who went after Jeremey Schapp recently and proceeded to go on a tirade about Jews. He looked like a bumbling idiot,and thats what Byrne sounds like on his weblog. In fact he can kiss my ass two times. Actually I don't want his racist, ignorant lips anywhere near my ass, he can just go straight to hell.

I guess you're right Cage. Some people peak and then it's all down hill...

At least he left a body of work behind that I can still enjoy and just ignore all the crap that followed.
Bartman256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #48
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
I guess you're right Cage. Some people peak and then it's all down hill...

At least he left a body of work behind that I can still enjoy and just ignore all the crap that followed.
Word, that's why I reviewed that FF visionaries. I wish they'd repring his cap. stuff as well. I think I'm gonna pick up those other 2 FF visionaries one of these days...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote