Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 04-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Sideshow Hulk Comiquette review

Ok I decided it's time to do a few reviews for the blog. Have not done any in a bit so here it goes.

The Hulk Comiquette by sideshow is one of the most amazing statues I have ever seen. It's a combination of a great sculpt and an amazing dynamic pose. This one really grabs people's attention when they enter my display room. There has been well documented complaints about the Hulks hair/face/pose but all are IMO perfect and really give this hulk a look all it's own.

Face sculpt - 5 out of 5 - I was one of the ones who hated the hair when I first saw pictuers of this. But with time my opinion started to change and now I think the hair is fine. The Face sculpt is amazing. So much detail. The lines around his mouth, the individually sculpted teeth, the eyes, everything just gives this Hulk a very realistic look. Amazing.

Body Sculpt - 5 out of 5 / Pose 5 out of 5 - The Body sculpt is every bit as detailed as the face sculpt. You can see the pours and lines of imperfection in his skin. The muscle detail is spot on. The Pose is one of the best of it's kind for a statue of this size. Very dynamic and original. This will really stand out from anyones hulk collection. The Clothing is sculpted and is done perfectly also. There is a real sense of movement to this piece and everthing about this sculpt works.

Paint - 4.5 out of 5- I wish he was a little darker like the PF Hulk but that is my only complaint. The detail in the face and body would all be ruined if the paint job did not help bring this piece to life. No real complaints here.

Lasting appeal - 5 out of 5 - I still admire this piece on a daily basis. It's size and pose really make for one amazing statue. You can really feel the hulks rage and strength in this piece. i just don't see ever growing tired of looking at this piece. A must for Hulk fans.

Overall - 5 out of 5 - One of sideshows best if not the best IMO. I really have no complaints and had the paint been darker like the PF then this would have gotten a perfect score in all categories. Even so it still gets a perfect overall score because there is just so much GREAT in this piece.

JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:09 AM   #2
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Updated with photos back in place.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Hahaha!! I love your son's and the last picture.

Great review.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #4
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Nice review. Have not seen it in person but i do recall when it was first released. It must have taken the worst bashing from some people in recent years. Personally I could not understand it. Its just one of many interpretations of the character.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #5
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Great review. I owned this piece at one time but did eventually sell it. Loved the sculpt, the dynamic pose and the presence of the piece. The only thing that really bothered me was the shade of green SS used was too washed out and not dark enough for my liking.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote