Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #21
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
If you get to that lady statue, can you make a video? I'm curious how that scene plays out.
i think you're a bit mistaken, his review is of the actual statue you get with the game, as for the statue of the lady thats the shrine of Azura, she's one of the daedric gods you can do a quest for
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #22
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i think you're a bit mistaken, his review is of the actual statue you get with the game, as for the statue of the lady thats the shrine of Azura, she's one of the daedric gods you can do a quest for
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to see how approaching the statue looked in game. Not the physical statue included with the collector's edition but the shrine in the image. Thanks for the name of the statue by the way. I'll do some youtube searches for it. It will determine if I purchase this game or not.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #23
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to see how approaching the statue looked in game. Not the physical statue included with the collector's edition but the shrine in the image. Thanks for the name of the statue by the way. I'll do some youtube searches for it. It will determine if I purchase this game or not.
I haven't seen that particular statue, but the scenery is stunning. Especially when you add in the weather system it makes for some beautiful screen shots. Last night I was fighting a dragon in a snowstorm on the side of a mountain overlooking a lake. It was like a postcard...with a dragon fight.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #24
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Bought the game last night.. have a huge deadline, but I managed to extend it today, through December.

My only question is.. can you heal your followers? Is it even necessary? The one I have takes a beating. I put a couple points in the "Healing tree", (Restoration?), but if I can't heal my companion, I'm not interested in it. I'm assuming they chug down healing potions you give them, though?

Goin' the one-handed/block (shield)/blacksmith route right now. Savin' up points and not spreading them too thin.

Plus, my companion already has a bad-ass unique bow & unique two-handed warhammer that I gave her... I figure why have two people with two-handed weapons? Spread the love.

IF I decide to play through this again, I'm either going the thief or mage route (maybe both.. ? ). Those spell trees look insane.

Oh yeah.. the gameplay's awesome, and the scenery's amazing; well done, Bethesda and affiliates.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #25
Sinatra VonDoom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Bought the game last night.. have a huge deadline, but I managed to extend it today, through December.

My only question is.. can you heal your followers? Is it even necessary? The one I have takes a beating. I put a couple points in the "Healing tree", (Restoration?), but if I can't heal my companion, I'm not interested in it. I'm assuming they chug down healing potions you give them, though?

Goin' the one-handed/block (shield)/blacksmith route right now. Savin' up points and not spreading them too thin.

Plus, my companion already has a bad-ass unique bow & unique two-handed warhammer that I gave her... I figure why have two people with two-handed weapons? Spread the love.

IF I decide to play through this again, I'm either going the thief or mage route (maybe both.. ? ). Those spell trees look insane.

Oh yeah.. the gameplay's awesome, and the scenery's amazing; well done, Bethesda and affiliates.
Yes you can heal followers with some of the healing spells. No that I do it, they are there to take a beating for me and how will they ever learn if I keep bailing them out.

I'm playing a mage/thief hybrid this time around and it's a blast. Not very heroic the way I play it though.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #26
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
Yes you can heal followers with some of the healing spells. No that I do it, they are there to take a beating for me and how will they ever learn if I keep bailing them out.

I'm playing a mage/thief hybrid this time around and it's a blast. Not very heroic the way I play it though.
Yeah, mage/thief hybrid will be my second character; if I don't start one now, I never will.. though I honestly see this as a game I won't retire early, but will actually finish.

What's the biggest thing you've killed so far? I killed a giant earlier.. I'm lvl 9; played from about 9 am to noon today. Hard to put this sucker down.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:14 AM   #27
MrYac
Hercules

healing hands is the earliest target healing spell i think you can learn , but i don't do much with the magic so not sure. i try to avoid companions at all costs, they REALLY screw up your play style if you go the stealth route, kind of hard to pick people off from the shadows if the moron your with charges in the first chance he gets
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #28
Sinatra VonDoom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Yeah, mage/thief hybrid will be my second character; if I don't start one now, I never will.. though I honestly see this as a game I won't retire early, but will actually finish.

What's the biggest thing you've killed so far? I killed a giant earlier.. I'm lvl 9; played from about 9 am to noon today. Hard to put this sucker down.
I've croaked a bunch of random dragons, the things are always on my case. Toughest single kill was a boss type mage, to no be too spoilerific. Bastard could one shot me with his lightning. I avoid killing the giants, I like the cut of their jib. They just want to hang with their mammoths and launch people into orbit who try to F with them.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #29
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
I've croaked a bunch of random dragons, the things are always on my case. Toughest single kill was a boss type mage, to no be too spoilerific. Bastard could one shot me with his lightning. I avoid killing the giants, I like the cut of their jib. They just want to hang with their mammoths and launch people into orbit who try to F with them.

Yeah, I usually leave them and their mammoths alone, but I jumped off a ledge, and it landed me right into a cave of mammoths, which.. irritated the giant.

Mammoths weren't close enough to engage, but I basically landed on the giant's shoulders. lol

I made a Dark Elf thief/mage a minute ago, just for kicks... I won't play that one much, though, or I'll never finish the game with my first character.

I don't think I'll have followers with that one, either.

I wonder if you can get a dog/etc additional follower in this, like you could in Fallout.

Great game. Ugh.. the music is as fantastic as the scenery, and yeah.. the weather effects really pull you in.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #30
Sinatra VonDoom
Adamantium Plus Member

You have a few options for dogs. You can have one dog and one person at a time. As a stealthy guy I tend to have them wait outside dungeons so they don't jam things up when I'm being stealthy. It's good to have them on the road though in case of ambush.