Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-31-2020, 06:27 PM   #1991
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Frost View Post
We need some Livewire diversity. And Silver Banshee and any other Superman villainess I’m forgetting.
I would love to see a Livewire or Silver Banshee or even Volcana statue! I feel Livewire is one of these villains everyone remembers, but somehow barely ever gets any merchandise at all. I think a statue of hers would be cool in bombshells version.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:32 PM   #1992
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickleClaw View Post
I would love to see a Livewire or Silver Banshee or even Volcana statue! I feel Livewire is one of these villains everyone remembers, but somehow barely ever gets any merchandise at all. I think a statue of hers would be cool in bombshells version.
I meant to add Volcana because I remembered her from the show but I wasn’t sure if she was actually from his rogues gallery or a shared villain from like the JLA or somewhere else. Thanks!
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:34 PM   #1993
Hunter Frost

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I've been trying to get Ant Lucia to do an Ursa from Superman II Bombshell commission for me for awhile, but he won't do it. Doesn't even respond to me on Facebook. I saw him at Planet Comicon last year and mentioned it. He said he remembered my request (he didn't say why he didn't respond) but was too busy at the convention so he wouldn't do it. I sent him another message for Planet Comicon this year, but I haven't heard back from him again. I get artists are busy with normal work and life in general, but it takes 3 seconds to type a simple, "Sorry, not interested" response or "Sorry, I don't do commissions."
Are Ursa and Faora the same person? I only know Faora from the Henry Cavill movie but I’ve heard of Ursa from a previous film, right?
Old 01-31-2020, 07:15 PM   #1994
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Are Ursa and Faora the same person? I only know Faora from the Henry Cavill movie but I’ve heard of Ursa from a previous film, right?
I think they are not. Ursa was a feminist went wrong... And everything is PC now, so they didn't want to use her and created Faora.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:55 PM   #1995
Hunter Frost

Smile Oh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I think they are not. Ursa was a feminist went wrong... And everything is PC now, so they didn't want to use her and created Faora.
Inneresting. I liked Faora.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:40 PM   #1996
SickleClaw
Justice League

In regards to the artist not wanting to draw Ursa...I dont know what to say to that. obviously the artists definitely should take their own decision in factors when making art. However it would have been polite for him to give you a yes/no answer at the least.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:15 AM   #1997
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
They're essentially the same character. Faora was introduced in the comics a bit before the first Superman film was released. She hated men but respected Zod. Donner created Ursa for the Superman films as a stand-in for Faora. Ursa was introduced into the comics a little over a decade ago. She's a man-hater but loves Zod. In the comics, she and Zod have a kid and rule a planet together.

I'm a big fan of Superman I and II and love Zod, Ursa, and Non as villains. A lot of that has to do with how great a job Terence Stamp, Ursa Douglas, and Jack O'Halloran did as Zod, Ursa, and Non. I try to get artists to do commissions of those characters because they're my favorites. Plus, they're different than the regular Batman, Supergirl, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, etc. requests that most artists get. I don't expect every artist to say yes when I ask for a commission--especially one for such random characters, but it'd be nice to get a response even if it's a no.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 04:12 PM   #1998
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
They're essentially the same character. Faora was introduced in the comics a bit before the first Superman film was released. She hated men but respected Zod. Donner created Ursa for the Superman films as a stand-in for Faora. Ursa was introduced into the comics a little over a decade ago. She's a man-hater but loves Zod. In the comics, she and Zod have a kid and rule a planet together.

I'm a big fan of Superman I and II and love Zod, Ursa, and Non as villains. A lot of that has to do with how great a job Terence Stamp, Ursa Douglas, and Jack O'Halloran did as Zod, Ursa, and Non. I try to get artists to do commissions of those characters because they're my favorites. Plus, they're different than the regular Batman, Supergirl, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, etc. requests that most artists get. I don't expect every artist to say yes when I ask for a commission--especially one for such random characters, but it'd be nice to get a response even if it's a no.
Yeah I totally understand what you mean about asking artists to draw lesser known characters. Particularly in that in most comic con artists alleys you'll find tons of art of the more common people anyway. Last time I did commissions for a comic character it was Golden Glider, and the other one was LIvewire...not really characters you'd see most people drawing.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:43 AM   #1999
batmaster
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Seriously, i've been thinking about this line for the last couple of days. Since the announcement of the last Harley, i'm really getting done with the line... I have all the Bombshells statues so far(except the supergirl/batgirl and Death/Shazam), but buying another Harley is something I don't want at all. I have the standard, christmas, on the deluxe on the bomb and joker harley. And now another one... It's getting a bit annoying. I only want to get this Harley to complete the line. But actually, I don't feel buying Death and Shazam as I want as before. I'm really getting done with the line.
How about you guys? Opinions?
batmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:44 AM   #2000
batmaster
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Seriously, i've been thinking about this line for the last couple of days. Since the announcement of the last Harley, i'm really getting done with the line... I have all the Bombshells statues so far(except the supergirl/batgirl and Death/Shazam), but buying another Harley is something I don't want at all. I have the standard, christmas, on the deluxe on the bomb and joker harley. And now another one... It's getting a bit annoying. I only want to get this Harley to complete the line. But actually, I don't feel buying Death and Shazam as I want as before. I'm really getting done with the line.
How about you guys? Opinions?
batmaster is offline   Reply With Quote