Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-11-2021, 05:30 PM   #581
Y3E
Gen 13

I like Carano and have most of the movies she was in and I plan on getting the Cara Dune PF but comparing Republicans to holocaust survivors was not good.

Anyways, I hope they recast the character.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:39 PM   #582
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I like Carano and have most of the movies she was in and I plan on getting the Cara Dune PF but comparing Republicans to holocaust survivors was not good.

Anyways, I hope they recast the character.
i agree, but isn't everybody else in Hollywood comparing them to the Holocaust perpetrators just as bad?

i miss the old days when everybody just shut the hell up and i didn't know nor care which side they sat on politically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I'm sure I am going to get heat for this, but why aren't those that are yelling "freedom of speech" saying the same thing when threads like the Sideshow Cara Dune PF discussion are closed? If they think Gina can say whatever she wants whenever she wants and not face consequences then why isn't the same logic applied here?

To be clear, I am not questioning the mods the decision to lock the thread. The rules are clear about political posts. I am simply pointing out that if we can understand the rules here then everyone should understand the rules set by their employers or people who use someone else's platform.
the difference is the rules of this forum are pretty clearly defined and they get applied evenly, the rules of twitter and Hollywood are most certainly not. one side can be as evil and vile and hateful as they want and the other is far more harshly penalized for far less serious infractions. if everybody got the same backlash for stupid statements i don't think most folks would care, but it's pretty one-sided these days and that annoys folks.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:59 PM   #583
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I know it's a loaded discussion but she was warned once and Disney is her employer and they are free to do what they want.
Disney is a FAR,FAR left as anyone can be. China owns them and thats a sad state of affair knowing what China does to Muslins and Uyghurs is disgusting and to have an American company affiliated with these acts its appalling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx0JFgwATho
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:08 PM   #584
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
the difference is the rules of this forum are pretty clearly defined and they get applied evenly, the rules of twitter and Hollywood are most certainly not. one side can be as evil and vile and hateful as they want and the other is far more harshly penalized for far less serious infractions. if everybody got the same backlash for stupid statements i don't think most folks would care, but it's pretty one-sided these days and that annoys folks.
No argument from me that there is plenty of hypocrisy to go around. That said, are you suggesting that everyone gets to ignore the rules because some are seemingly getting off light? If people feel that strongly about the perceived misconduct of an individual then let the proper administrators know. If they don't act or care then what can you? It's their company/platform. You either choose to play by their rules or take your business elsewhere. That simple.

Heck, what I am doing right now is hypocritical. I point out the rules of the forum and then I proceed to participate in a political discussion. I am trying to make a point but at a potential cost. Anyway, I'd like to respect what I've pointed out so I won't continue any further.

As for the show, it's probably best they simply carry on and don't acknowledge the Cara Dune situation for now. She was a side character so I don't think it will be an issue from a narrative standpoint.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:47 PM   #585
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
i miss the old days when everybody just shut the hell up and i didn't know nor care which side they sat on politically.
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:06 PM   #586
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
No argument from me that there is plenty of hypocrisy to go around. That said, are you suggesting that everyone gets to ignore the rules because some are seemingly getting off light? If people feel that strongly about the perceived misconduct of an individual then let the proper administrators know. If they don't act or care then what can you? It's their company/platform. You either choose to play by their rules or take your business elsewhere. That simple.
problem is they know in many cases and simply don't care.

Quote:
Heck, what I am doing right now is hypocritical. I point out the rules of the forum and then I proceed to participate in a political discussion. I am trying to make a point but at a potential cost. Anyway, I'd like to respect what I've pointed out so I won't continue any further.
haha, yeah that isn't lost on me either

Quote:
As for the show, it's probably best they simply carry on and don't acknowledge the Cara Dune situation for now. She was a side character so I don't think it will be an issue from a narrative standpoint.
they should just pull a Poochie "i have to go now, my home planet needs me" "Cara Dune died on her way to her home planet"
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:42 PM   #587
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
i agree, but isn't everybody else in Hollywood comparing them to the Holocaust perpetrators just as bad?

Um as far as I recall Trump was spewing his turd vomit unfettered for 5 years until he incited an insurrection. Which by the way, one could see coming for months, just off the things he said on Twitter. So what's this trash you are talking about that one side is evil and other side is less serious.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #588
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Can we think of any hot legit badass female to replace her? Social media doesn't seem to do any favors these days
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:28 PM   #589
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Can we think of any hot legit badass female to replace her? Social media doesn't seem to do any favors these days
Not Ronda Rousey please.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:48 PM   #590
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Recast with Frankie Adams. BOOM! Problem solved, and I'll never look back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
my vote was already cast.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote