Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #31
mar7
Doh!

Anybody see any good pictures of the Trex and Trike from Wonderfest? The Brachiosaurus looks good from what I saw. Was hoping for more shots of the Rex.
mar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:15 PM   #32
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I've received my Triceratops today, both excited, and disappointed as there are some definite issues.

The material is very soft plastic, most similar to hot glue.
There was a odd choice to gloss the horns, and so they appear very wet.
On one horn, I gently brushed away a spec of dust with index finger--turned out to be pealing paint. as I did so more paint just pealed off!

There are many folds in the material (I don't mean the skin), unfortunately mine has many on the face. These are not skin folds--sadly these are much deeper than skin folds.

Minor issue:
The details aren't as crisp as Papo models and blur in some unexpected area--which seems like the result of posing a digital sculpt.

Unique to my own:
- black triangle on the ribs.
- Badly curved horn. Which I am afraid to fix due to the paint that easily wipes away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190708_145510.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	356.4 KB
ID:	124265   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190708_145728.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	124266   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190708_150509.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	124267   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190708_150813.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	124268  
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:52 AM   #33
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
I've received my Triceratops today, both excited, and disappointed as there are some definite issues.

The material is very soft plastic, most similar to hot glue.
There was a odd choice to gloss the horns, and so they appear very wet.
On one horn, I gently brushed away a spec of dust with index finger--turned out to be pealing paint. as I did so more paint just pealed off!

There are many folds in the material (I don't mean the skin), unfortunately mine has many on the face. These are not skin folds--sadly these are much deeper than skin folds.

Minor issue:
The details aren't as crisp as Papo models and blur in some unexpected area--which seems like the result of posing a digital sculpt.

Unique to my own:
- black triangle on the ribs.
- Badly curved horn. Which I am afraid to fix due to the paint that easily wipes away.
That is disappointing. Hopefully the next two releases will be better.
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #34
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It looks better than the Papo Trike but then again it costs like 5 times more...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:49 AM   #35
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

When will the brachiosaurus be available?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	98969251-53D1-4F60-AEB8-861E927D3C95.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	124760  
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #36
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

I'm having some problems with AmiAmi for my pre-orders for the Trike and Rex.

I placed a single order for both, and later on the order was spit into two. I combined them again and then they recently split the order as the Trike was in stock and the Rex is not.

I tried to combine them again but here's the thing: they only combine orders for items that are scheduled to be released in the same month. Since the Trike is a July release and the Rex is an August release they won't combine the orders. So I'll have to pay shipping two times, making each order come to around $150 CAD.

Ummm no thank you. On their FAQ they say they typically don't accept cancellations but I will ask them to cancel my orders. If they aren't willing to I just won't enter my credit card or PayPal info into my account.

Anywhere in North America carrying these?
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:56 PM   #37
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Might need to wait till they pop up on eBay.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:07 AM   #38
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
I'm having some problems with AmiAmi for my pre-orders for the Trike and Rex.

I placed a single order for both, and later on the order was spit into two. I combined them again and then they recently split the order as the Trike was in stock and the Rex is not.

I tried to combine them again but here's the thing: they only combine orders for items that are scheduled to be released in the same month. Since the Trike is a July release and the Rex is an August release they won't combine the orders. So I'll have to pay shipping two times, making each order come to around $150 CAD.

Ummm no thank you. On their FAQ they say they typically don't accept cancellations but I will ask them to cancel my orders. If they aren't willing to I just won't enter my credit card or PayPal info into my account.

Anywhere in North America carrying these?
Yes, they will only hold items that ship in the same month. They won't charge your order directly. They send you a payment request when the item is ready to be shipped, so you don't have to worry about being charged.

If you email them, you can definitely get the items canceled. Just be prepared for them to close your account and block you from ordering from them again, as they dislike cancellations. These were not sold by CC or anyone else in America.
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #39
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiaEsh View Post
Yes, they will only hold items that ship in the same month. They won't charge your order directly. They send you a payment request when the item is ready to be shipped, so you don't have to worry about being charged.

If you email them, you can definitely get the items canceled. Just be prepared for them to close your account and block you from ordering from them again, as they dislike cancellations. These were not sold by CC or anyone else in America.
Don't worry too much about cancelling through AmiAmi. I've perhaps 4 times over 5 years and no acct closure.
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:22 PM   #40
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun View Post
Yikes. That's marbling, something you typically see on much cheaper plastic toys.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote