Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #1271
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Gentle Giant discounted all the Honey Trap girls by 10%. I guess it's for SDCC.
Ouch! So people who posted top dollar, AND waited all this time, get gazumped by "Johnny come lately" just in time for (maybe) the release!!!!

Assuming this isn't a joke, this has to be the worst business practice ever. So glad I didn't hand my cash to these clowns.
Silas Loki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #1272
ronskimomo
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think it is only for PG members.
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:11 AM   #1273
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Ouch! So people who posted top dollar, AND waited all this time, get gazumped by "Johnny come lately" just in time for (maybe) the release!!!!

Assuming this isn't a joke, this has to be the worst business practice ever. So glad I didn't hand my cash to these clowns.
If anyone who ordered early on wants to take advantage of the current price reduction all they need do is cancel their existing pre-order and then re-order at the discounted price point. Unlike a lot of companies there is no penalty or NRD to lose should you cancel an item with GG.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:56 AM   #1274
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
If anyone who ordered early on wants to take advantage of the current price reduction all they need do is cancel their existing pre-order and then re-order at the discounted price point. Unlike a lot of companies there is no penalty or NRD to lose should you cancel an item with GG.
Ah, ok, fair enough. I stand corrected.
Silas Loki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:44 PM   #1275
dechirico7
The Flash

You have to be a PGM though...no thanks.
Kind of nice though, if you are already one.
They must know people are getting irritated.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:50 PM   #1276
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
But what if it turns out to be a really low edition and you cancel, reorder, then lose your early place in line?

It probably doesn't matter anyway as I think that membership is high priced.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:04 AM   #1277
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Why are we talking about price again?
Because these and other statues are stupid expensive. It is a topic that will not go away until the pricing becomes more fair, this you will never stop hearing about it. This on an open forum after all.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #1278
built2shred
Phoenix

With SS getting close to $500 for a normal PF I would say GG pricing is starting to look more fair
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:34 AM   #1279
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
Because these and other statues are stupid expensive. It is a topic that will not go away until the pricing becomes more fair, this you will never stop hearing about it. This on an open forum after all.
What does "fair" have to do with a commerical market? Apple products are stupid expensive, Breitling watches are stupid expensive, Audi cars are stupid expensive and many more products are sold for way above their cost. But fairness have nothing to do with it. If GG made a mistake in their pricing, they will find out.

Price discussion has gone from useful debate to often whining about why someone can no longer afford pricey collectibles. Yes, it's an open forum. It's just a tired, old discussion that's beating a dead horse in this thread. Prices are on the rise everywhere with Hot Toys reaching $350 for diecast figures, Sidehsow hitting $500 for Premium Format,etc. etc. The high-end collectibles industry hasn't collapsed from it's own weight yet as there are still people willing and able to pay the prices. In fact, there are more and more companies joining in as noticed by how many companies this board now covers.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #1280
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
What does "fair" have to do with a commerical market? Apple products are stupid expensive, Breitling watches are stupid expensive, Audi cars are stupid expensive and many more products are sold for way above their cost. But fairness have nothing to do with it. If GG made a mistake in their pricing, they will find out.

Price discussion has gone from useful debate to often whining about why someone can no longer afford pricey collectibles. Yes, it's an open forum. It's just a tired, old discussion that's beating a dead horse in this thread. Prices are on the rise everywhere with Hot Toys reaching $350 for diecast figures, Sidehsow hitting $500 for Premium Format,etc. etc. The high-end collectibles industry hasn't collapsed from it's own weight yet as there are still people willing and able to pay the prices. In fact, there are more and more companies joining in as noticed by how many companies this board now covers.
Your right, we should never complain and just suck it up and move on. Must be great to have all the knowledge, clarity of thought and insight.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote