Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-01-2018, 11:03 PM   #781
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I just checked mine. The base/smoke plume barely fit back in the styrofoam, but they do fit. I can't recall if it was that tight of a fit in the first place. I could not notice any visible lean, though.

My jet pack was definitely not all the way down on the smoke plume. It sure would not go down any further when I tried pushing it, but when I wiggled the jet pack around, it did end up sliding further down. It wasn't much, but the bottom of Harley's foot is touching the smoke plume now. It was not before.

It is the bottom of the foot everyone is referring to, right? The back of her foot still doesn't touch the smoke plume on mine.

This does make me wonder if some seeing leaning issues are seeing them because the jet pack isn't as far down as it can go and that is causing some weight distribution issues.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:17 AM   #782
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
You can use rubbing alcohol or goo gone to easily remove residue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It peels right off, It's like a gummy material so there's no residue
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I just checked mine. The base/smoke plume barely fit back in the styrofoam, but they do fit. I can't recall if it was that tight of a fit in the first place. I could not notice any visible lean, though.
Pretty much the same deal with mine. Looks fine displayed, even a little space between the foot and smoke, but close to not fitting in the packaging. I don't know...these pictures worry me.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #783
Demona
Martian Manhunter

All sounds like excellent news that almost everybody's is doing fine.

I just mentioned asking TH because sometimes companies have pieces sitting out for the purpose of long term QC.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:00 AM   #784
built2shred
Phoenix

I have a feeling that the one's leaning might not of gotten the rocket pack to go down far enough on the plume in order for her foot to rest against the bottom of the plume, odds are it was designed that way to take the pressure off the top of the plume.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #785
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
All sounds like excellent news that almost everybody's is doing fine.
Does it? I'm not sure we have a huge sample size on either side. A few people confirmed a lean, a couple people suspect it could be on it's way due to the plume barely fitting in the box, and a few have confirmed no issues.

Out of the number of responses in this thread, isn't there a significant percentage that either are leaning or may be leaning? Like I said, we don't have a huge number of owners in this thread who have tried to put that base/plume back in the styrofoam.

Mine may be ok, but put me down in the "concerned" column given how tight of a fit that smoke plume was in the sytrofoam (just eye-balling it, I would never have suspected an issue). I was scared I was going to break it when I was getting it back out.

Here's what mine currently looks like - the foot does look it's placed a little more to the right than the one in grphyx1's pics, but maybe there is a little variance with these. The bottom (toe) of the foot is touching the plume. This has been in a room that is 74-75 degrees.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #786
grphyx1
Kingpin

In case anybody is concerned and wants to see how she fits in her package

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #787
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
In case anybody is concerned and wants to see how she fits in her package
Thanks - that does look pretty close (maybe exactly) to how mine looked. I think... I'll probably compare again. I do see the top of your plume and the peg seem to be up against the styrofoam, which is how mine was. That is making me feel better....
Old 08-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #788
grphyx1
Kingpin

This will probably affect the construction and materials on Starfire.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #789
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
This will probably affect the construction and materials on Starfire.
Would it be better if it shipped as one solid piece, no assembly required? That way, the left calf can just be glued at the factory or maybe be sculpted out of the same piece as the hair/flame.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #790
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Would it be better if it shipped as one solid piece, no assembly required? That way, the left calf can just be glued at the factory or maybe be sculpted out of the same piece as the hair/flame.