Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

View Poll Results: Which Mr. Freeze do you want?
1979 costume 12 20.69%
Super Powers costume 6 10.34%
modern but retro costume 40 68.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2019, 04:46 AM   #1
Gothamite
Phoenix

Mr. Freeze - Super Powers Collection 1:6 Scale Maquette

(Okay, not sure why the previous threads got merged then locked, but the second poll was correct.)

--------------------------------------------------

Per the Facebook Live Video on Thursday, 2019-01-31, Chad wants to know which Mr. Freeze we prefer. Chad likes the 1979 costume but also wants to make a statue that will sell well.

1) 1979 Costume

2) Super Powers Costume

3) something modern but retro (post Batman TAS)

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:35 AM   #2
Gothamite
Phoenix

Pros/Cons based on previous discussion:

- 1979 costume is era-appropriate and might be preferable for some over the Super Powers mech suit, but it's very similar to Captain Cold's costume.

- Super Powers costume is era-appropriate but has questionable design elements (such as the embedded hip guns) and looks like Lex Luthor's mech suit.

- Batman TAS costume has become "definitive" for many fans of the show but might be too simple or too "new" compared to existing statues.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
adee
Green Arrow

embedded hip guns
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I can't recall that Super Powers costume in anything - I can't even recall seeing that figure before seeing the pic in this thread. I must have bailed before that wave.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:16 AM   #5
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

IDK, this is the SUPER POWERS line. One would think the statues would be based on the Super Powers versions of the characters.

It would be foolish to make the a statue of Freeze in the Super Powers line based on The Animated Series version of Freeze. I understand that's what some people like, but it's not what Tweeterhead is doing here. These statues should be based PRIMARILY on the Super Powers figures...whether you like them or grew up with them or not...otherwise this line will be all over the map.

The Mech-Suit Mr. Freeze is the only way to go. It fits with the line and it would be the most impressive version of Freeze in statue form. The more outrageous the suit, the better. I don't want to see a simple pair of tights, a belt with a fish bowl on top of his head. That just isn't going to have the WOW factor an over the top suit would have.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #6
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I can deal with 79 or the BTAS but that Super Powers one is just plain ugly. Looks like Metal Braniac and Lex Luthor's power suit had a love child and then Anti Monitor stepped in and added a few touches.

Plus Chad has said on several occasions this line is Super Powers in name only. Harley, the very first one out of the gate didn't even exist then.....so there is no need to stick to making only large versions of the action figures.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #7
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
IDK, this is the SUPER POWERS line. One would think the statues would be based on the Super Powers versions of the characters.

It would be foolish to make the a statue of Freeze in the Super Powers line based on The Animated Series version of Freeze. I understand that's what some people like, but it's not what Tweeterhead is doing here. These statues should be based PRIMARILY on the Super Powers figures...whether you like them or grew up with them or not...otherwise this line will be all over the map.

The Mech-Suit Mr. Freeze is the only way to go. It fits with the line and it would be the most impressive version of Freeze in statue form. The more outrageous the suit, the better. I don't want to see a simple pair of tights, a belt with a fish bowl on top of his head. That just isn't going to have the WOW factor an over the top suit would have.
Those are all good points, but Chad doesn't like that outfit and of the polls created here, most people don't seem to want that version either. I don't think Chad was going to make a strict BTAS version, but will 'retro-fy' it to better fit. If a strict SP version isn't going to sell, then why do it just to be absolutely consistent to SP. Harley wasn't around during the SP line, but she is made, so a BTAS-ish Freeze isn't too far of a stretch and it would sell better.

Either way some will be happy and some will pass. Perhaps we could see some definitive concept art of the different styles from Chad in the future and then take a poll.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #8
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Those are all good points, but Chad doesn't like that outfit and of the polls created here, most people don't seem to want that version either. I don't think Chad was going to make a strict BTAS version, but will 'retro-fy' it to better fit. If a strict SP version isn't going to sell, then why do it just to be absolutely consistent to SP. Harley wasn't around during the SP line, but she is made, so a BTAS-ish Freeze isn't too far of a stretch and it would sell better.

Either way some will be happy and some will pass. Perhaps we could see some definitive concept art of the different styles from Chad in the future and then take a poll.
It's Chad's company. He can do what he wants. Why call is the Super Powers line? seems silly.

You do understand how foolish it would be to make an oddball Animated Series of Freeze in this line, right?...the animated series artwork is undefined, boxy with too many straight lines. I think people are seeing this as their chance to finally get a 1/6 Freeze and are just not understanding the big picture of a line and pieces having to be cohesive with one another. Look at Batman and Robin...cut from the same cloth. Animated Series Freeze doesn't look anything like them. Again I understand it's what some people like but to PUSH for that version in THIS LINE is short sighted and very silly.

when I look at that first picture I don't say WOW, that's an awesome Mr. Freeze. It looks like quicksilver went bald and became an astronaut.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #9
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

We understand so Harley Quinn fits in how? Point is that Mr Freeze from super power line will not sell . So it’s not being made
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #10
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Well, Harley is pure animated series and sold well and was received well, so an animated Freeze is not foolish short sighted or silly. But more importantly, it's been clearly said that it would be a 'retro' version based off of BTAS, meaning that they would take style cues from BTAS and make it fit in the SP era. That is obviously not what you want, but what you want seems so far to be a statue that would sell only a small amount. I hope they make what you want, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't at some point do both versions. They are doing a classic catwoman and eventually are going to make a Balent version, so they could do the same here.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote