Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #1
MrYac
Hercules

Game of Thrones: Books Vs. TV Discussion (spoilers for both allowed)

seems some folks wanted a thread like this (myself included) but nobody wanted to make it, so figured i'd give it a try and see if it goes anywhere. I'll begin

where the hell is Coldhands going to be pretty disappointed if they don't put him in the show
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
Vallos
Jubilee

I seriously thought he was going to be the one that saves Bran from the turncoats. That would have been a perfect point to bring him in. My guess is that his role is of greater importance in the last two books, so the producers feel he can be incorporated later on.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
MrYac
Hercules

yeah that whole thing with Bran at the camp made no sense, The Watch riding up and finding them all slaughtered by Walkers (IE Coldhands) would've made it much cooler, and i'm still annoyed that Sam told Jon as it added nothing to the story and the same effect could've been gotten with Bran crawling toward Jon and having to make the same decision to still go north without Jon ever knowing he was there. and my bigger worry about Cold is that his non inclusion means he doesn't have much of a roll at all and serves no real story purpose.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
Vallos
Jubilee

Well, in the books he doesn't have much of a role. He is basically just a guide for Bran and company. This is why I'm led to believe he'll be introduced next season, if not the last episode... titled, "The Children". I'm assuming this is in reference to the Children of the Forest. If so, then they are skipping all the way to A Dance of Dragons, which has me scratching my head. Nevertheless, this would be another good point to introduce Cold Hands.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
MrYac
Hercules

I kind of thought we'd be getting Stoneheart as the ending cliffhanger what with Brienne & Pod on their journey, figured they'd be bumping into the brotherhood
Old 05-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Excited and dreading the next episode.....Oberyn your fight is gonna be epic, but you will be sorely missed.

I didn't think they were gonna pull his character off on the show as well they did, easily one of my favorites up until now.

also.......

damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #7
Vallos
Jubilee

Oberyn will indeed be sorely missed. Pedro Pascal is doing/did a phenomenal job with the character.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
MrYac
Hercules

haha, great GIF. and yeah the Oberon fight should be great, they really did a great job with him going to hate seeing him go, but even worse is going to be saying goodbye to Tywin.... I hate how he dies so damn much, there is NO WAY in hell he'd ever touch one of Tyrions -----s. such bad out of character writing
Old 05-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #9
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I kind of thought we'd be getting Stoneheart as the ending cliffhanger what with Brienne & Pod on their journey, figured they'd be bumping into the brotherhood
I can't imagine her to not be shown in the show. It is one of the bigger revelations of the series. I can't remember, but did Martin explain how Catelyn became Lady Stoneheart?
Old 05-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #10
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
I can't imagine her to not be shown in the show. It is one of the bigger revelations of the series. I can't remember, but did Martin explain how Catelyn became Lady Stoneheart?
yeah, from the Red gods Whisper, Beric gives his life for hers when they find her in the creek after the wedding