Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-17-2019, 04:16 AM   #201
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Just had a thought.. will Prime 1 add saliva hanging from the mouth of the action posed version? as that would look amazing, and add more life.
Yes! That would be fantastic and heighten the experience even more. Like the scene when he comes from the ceiling to snatch Brett. Maybe a flexible, like silicon material as a snap-on extra. One can only dream.....
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:54 AM   #202
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post

• Neck area just above center of ribcage
• Shape and angle of shoulder ridges
• Shape of the shoulders themselves
• Wrist cuffs (used in the movie, but not found on the current display suit; this one's a matter of preference)
• Upper arms and forearms are slimmed down on P1
• Shape of hands; original suit hands are floppier
• Shape of bottom of ribcage
• Some of the details on the obliques are simply wrong/fabricated
• Shape of hips (original suit has more rounded hips)
• Knees must face slightly inward for an almost knobby look
• Extra detail and definition on P1 legs and arms that isn't there on film suit (look just above the knees, the bend in the arms, the details in the abdomen; these areas aren't as defined on the suit)
• Excessive micro paint mottling and spotting on P1, paintjob is softer on original suit

It's still damn good, just idealized. My biggest personal gripes are the shoulder ridges and hips.
I haven´t seen the Prime1 Chap in person by now, like I guess anyone else here on board, but I was a few years back at the Giger Museum (breathtaking experience, needless to say) and a pal of mine does own the CP Museum Chap.

From what I gather right now, with the limited amount of pictures of the Prime one´s, I think such comparison sheets are a bit of a stretch. Common, the Horror Show reveal picture of Prime´s is not even straight forward and has a huge DOF distortion as it is not a neat 50mm lens shot. Hard to spot these wrong proportions You claim to see.

And if You look actually at Your comparison sheet, the CP Chap even differs hugely from the actual museum piece, even though they claim to base their product on an actual 3D scan of the same.

I want to add as well, beside my deep admiration to H.R. Giger´s art and work and of course the Alien itself, and the once in a lifetime experience to visit his Museum, I was a bit disappointed about the actual state of preservation of the Chap on display. Time did not go soft on him and in parts it might be in need of restoration. That said, I do wonder at times, why CP did not do a better job at the final product, as it does feel like an acetone showered 3D print without further ado.

Anyway, these claimed inaccuracies You make, I hardly can spot them, reason might be as well, that this prototype is actually painted like a real character and not flat dark like CP´s. I see all the details there, that I wish a Chap shall have and call me heretic, but I think it looks better than a mere scan from the original.

Anyhow, might just be that we have here a product that will spawn allot of controversy over time, as already a first time reveal seem to make anyone the wiser.

So, to come to my own conclusion, I can´t count the days, when this babe is on my shelf. Love it to bits already and can´t stop looking the pictures. Please Prime1, more pictures!
Old 10-18-2019, 05:15 AM   #203
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post
I haven´t seen the Prime1 Chap in person by now, like I guess anyone else here on board, but I was a few years back at the Giger Museum (breathtaking experience, needless to say) and a pal of mine does own the CP Museum Chap.

From what I gather right now, with the limited amount of pictures of the Prime one´s, I think such comparison sheets are a bit of a stretch. Common, the Horror Show reveal picture of Prime´s is not even straight forward and has a huge DOF distortion as it is not a neat 50mm lens shot. Hard to spot these wrong proportions You claim to see.

And if You look actually at Your comparison sheet, the CP Chap even differs hugely from the actual museum piece, even though they claim to base their product on an actual 3D scan of the same.

I want to add as well, beside my deep admiration to H.R. Giger´s art and work and of course the Alien itself, and the once in a lifetime experience to visit his Museum, I was a bit disappointed about the actual state of preservation of the Chap on display. Time did not go soft on him and in parts it might be in need of restoration. That said, I do wonder at times, why CP did not do a better job at the final product, as it does feel like an acetone showered 3D print without further ado.

Anyway, these claimed inaccuracies You make, I hardly can spot them, reason might be as well, that this prototype is actually painted like a real character and not flat dark like CP´s. I see all the details there, that I wish a Chap shall have and call me heretic, but I think it looks better than a mere scan from the original.

Anyhow, might just be that we have here a product that will spawn allot of controversy over time, as already a first time reveal seem to make anyone the wiser.

So, to come to my own conclusion, I can´t count the days, when this babe is on my shelf. Love it to bits already and can´t stop looking the pictures. Please Prime1, more pictures!

Prime1 color scheme is a homage Giger artwork (color and details). As Fan myself notice that first time i saw the statue. the paint job took directly giger artwork book and i ask also Prime1 Art director told me the same. they want to offer different from others company who made it. Giger musuem pose are more dynamic.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:00 AM   #204
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post

Prime1 color scheme is a homage Giger artwork (color and details). As Fan myself notice that first time i saw the statue. the paint job took directly giger artwork book and i ask also Prime1 Art director told me the same. they want to offer different from others company who made it. Giger musuem pose are more dynamic.
You saw the statues in hand? I mean at the Prime store? Any chance to make pictures there? I don´t know anybody who lives in Japan or who travels there occasionally, so any kind of material would be highly welcome.

And again, I don´t want to start a dispute here and I do understand anyone´s concern about getting the best product that money can buy, especially as it was a quite long waiting time from first teaser to final reveal of the Prime1 Alien line. But surely, seeing them there together with the Dog Alien, except the Resurrection Warrior, they hopefully will do as well, it makes a fine collection for hardcore Xenomorph fans.

I for myself start already to dust the shelves for them, or is it too soon?
Old 10-18-2019, 06:08 AM   #205
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

It’s about a 2 year wait from PO and then a couple of delays. Closer to 3 years. Lots of time to save a couple of grand.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:21 AM   #206
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post
You saw the statues in hand? I mean at the Prime store? Any chance to make pictures there? I don´t know anybody who lives in Japan or who travels there occasionally, so any kind of material would be highly welcome.

And again, I don´t want to start a dispute here and I do understand anyone´s concern about getting the best product that money can buy, especially as it was a quite long waiting time from first teaser to final reveal of the Prime1 Alien line. But surely, seeing them there together with the Dog Alien, except the Resurrection Warrior, they hopefully will do as well, it makes a fine collection for hardcore Xenomorph fans.

I for myself start already to dust the shelves for them, or is it too soon?

I will take photo during weekend will share on the facebook group.
I saw them they look awesome (Prime1 style statue).
I have both Mame and Coolprops nothing can compare what Prime1 offer Paint job and Sculpt quality are top level.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #207
clutch
Sailor Moon

After obsessing over Alien since it was first released, I can say with authority that it is a good rendition but it is just off. And I'm mainly talking about the head which is the focal point for me. I do like the museum pose better between the two. I just wish they hadn't used the museum hands since they are using the ribbing on the wrists.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #208
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
After obsessing over Alien since it was first released, I can say with authority that it is a good rendition but it is just off. And I'm mainly talking about the head which is the focal point for me. I do like the museum pose better between the two. I just wish they hadn't used the museum hands since they are using the ribbing on the wrists.
I could call myself as well a purist when it comes to the original Alien, so said, as far what is to be seen from this few shots, I can´t put my finger on the parts of the head that should be off. What part is wrong? Actually, it looks equal in detail and accuracy as the Mamegyorai Chap, or do my eyes betray me?

In my knowing, this wrists ribbing sleeves where used on the suit only, that´s why the Museum sculpt from Giger and therefore the CoolProps do not have them. So, I don´t get Your point here. Prime seemingly is going for a more suit version and not Gigers initial sculpture.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #209
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
I will take photo during weekend will share on the facebook group.
I saw them they look awesome (Prime1 style statue).
I have both Mame and Coolprops nothing can compare what Prime1 offer Paint job and Sculpt quality are top level.
Thanks in advance for that.

Just two quick questions :

1) Do you know if they plan on making the skull not as visible in the final product? I'm asking because you can't see clearly the skull in the movie and I prefer it that way.
2) Can you please ask for the rough measurements of the statue ?

Thanks again
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #210
Shoo
Hercules

More pics posted by Kelvin Loke:

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote