Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-05-2019, 10:39 PM   #25651
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Joker (2019) - 8/10

Really liked it. Phoenix was great. But for me, Ledger’s Joker is still my favorite. I’m not going to compare them too much though because they each portrayed the Joker character differently and were both great. And The Dark Knight has always been a 10/10 for me. It’s my favorite movie.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:41 PM   #25652
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Duel (1971) - 7/10

Steven Spielberg’s first movie, first time watching it. Pretty good flick.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:59 PM   #25653
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Enter Nowhere (2011) 8/10

An interesting take on time travel movie 3 people find themselves at a cabin in the woods. Each think it is in a different state and different years decades apart. Interesting twists and a WW2 German soldier shows up.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:27 AM   #25654
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Joker (2019) - 8/10

Really liked it. Phoenix was great. But for me, Ledger’s Joker is still my favorite. I’m not going to compare them too much though because they each portrayed the Joker character differently and were both great. And The Dark Knight has always been a 10/10 for me. It’s my favorite movie.
Ledger’s Joker had the benefit of having Batman to play off of.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #25655
Vracula
Jedi Order

9/10 and will be a 10/10 IF and that is a big IF this Joker shows up in a Batman movie , other wise this is a sensational movie that used Gotham as a Prop to pull in viewers. Coz let’s be honest this wouldn’t be filling seats in a theatre if it wasn’t named Joker.

And if he doesn’t , I am going to be real bitter about it.

What’s next a Riddler movie that deals with runaway capitalism and starring Daniel Day Lewis?
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:04 AM   #25656
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

IT: Chapter II - 7.5/10 - Not quite as good as the first installment, mainly because it felt a little anticlimactic, but still entertaining and enjoyable. Also it's run time didn't drag, so that was a plus.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:50 AM   #25657
Vracula
Jedi Order

Dark Phoenix - 5/10

Atrocious movie. So much talent but ruined by crappy direction and a terrible script. Cringe dialogues all the way through.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:58 AM   #25658
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Joker - 9/10

Most likely going to see it again this coming weekend.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #25659
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Dark Phoenix - 5/10

Atrocious movie. So much talent but ruined by crappy direction and a terrible script. Cringe dialogues all the way through.
Watched this the other day. Absolute rubbish.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #25660
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Halloween horror marathon continues with movies #12-20!

Childs Play (2019) - I thought I was going to hate this, but I went in with an open mind and I thought it was actually pretty good. Mark Hamill did an awesome job and was definitely the standout, but they did a really nice work making Chucky look creepy as well. The concept, while not as cool as the original story, did feel relevant to today's world and it worked well as a reimagining 7.5/10

Candyman - I always enjoy this movie, great visuals, great music, very visceral, not a surprise with Clive Barkers in the mix. I really like the unconventional feel of this movie, it doesnt seem like your run of the mill horror movie, and its not afraid to have a not so happy ending 8.5/10

Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh - clearly a sequel just for the sake of making a sequel. None of the style or substance of the first, they tried to make Candyman into a generic slasher 6.5/10

Candyman: Day of the Dead - this one is barely worth mentioning. Terrible acting, terrible sets, cheesey and predictable story 5/10

Event Horizon - this was such a great movie, I didnt even know what I was getting myself into with this one, it was like hellraiser in space. Features a pre-matrix Laurence Fishburne, and also Sam Neil, who im now realizing has done quite a few horror movies! The setting was claustrophobic and really well done, special effects were really great especially for the time, I was totally immersed and on the edge of my seat, very strange and horrific movie but those are the best kind, very gory as well 8.5/10

Zombie (Lucio Fulci 1979) - Italy's answer to Dawn of the Dead. I was expecting a bit more to be honest, this is the first time i've seen this movie but i've always heard its a classic in the zombie genre. I liked the setting and location shots, the gore effects were great, it took a while to get going though and overall was a bit underwhelming 7.5/10

Suspiria (1977) - WOW what a movie! I've seen this one once before but I felt like I was watching it for the first time. The storyline was quite thin, but thats not the point of this movie, and not really the point of any Dario Argento movie, hes all about the sounds, the visuals, the immersion and this movie masters all of those things. From the haunting glowing red, green and yellow lights in virtually every shot, to the creepy, intense and eerie soundtrack, to the creative, suspenseful and gory death scenes, this movie is just a pure mysterious dreamlike sensory assault from the first moment until the last, it felt like being trapped in a nightmare, but one that is so hypnotic and surreal, im not sure i'd want to wake up, at least not right away, even with a lurking horror that is everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Definitely now on my top 5 horror movies of all time, its not just a movie, its an experience (turn all the lights off, and the sound up!) The remake, while decent, has none of the artistic flair and style of the original unfortunately 10/10

Inferno - The sequel to Suspiria, and the second part of Dario Argento's three mothers trilogy. This one was quite good, a lot of the lighting affects from the first movie were replicated, but seemed more subdued, although still present enough to make it feel like its visually connected to Suspiria. The gore was great, although the death scenes were not as creative and suspenseful as Suspria. The music this time around was more subtle than the soundtrack used in Suspiria unfortunately, but still very effective. A good but inferior sequel 8/10

Mother of Tears - The third and final movie in Dario's three mothers trilogy. He waited 27 years after Inferno to finally wrap up the trilogy (inferno was 1980, mother of tears came out in 2007) and its obvious he changed a lot as a director by this point. This movie has NONE of the creepy visual style, intense music, or suspenseful and creative death scenes as the previous 2 movies did. This movie just went for pure shock factor and tried to be as disturbing as possible, but most of the time its just in poor taste and has no artistry behind it. Waiting 27 years after Inferno for this to be the conclusion of the trilogy, I can imagine many fans were extremely dissapointed, but at this point in Dario's career he had more misses than hits. I felt like the remake of the original Suspiria is similar to this movie, all shock factor and no substance to back it up 5/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote