Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 06-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #111
dechirico7
The Flash

Are they going to have a regular edition? I really don't want to pre-order this one right now. I'd like to possibly get him later at a retailer.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #112
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Are they going to have a regular edition? I really don't want to pre-order this one right now. I'd like to possibly get him later at a retailer.

I per-ordered him from BBTS,They have theregular version there.

I am so excited with this new Joker, the previous version is being sold on ebay right now for 600-700 usd...it's crazy.

There is no way i am gonna miss this amazing Hot Toy product.It'd just so great.

Here is a pic of my TDK Batman Hot Toys!!
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #113
solidsnake 36
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ordered mine last night.
solidsnake 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #114
demonhunter
Kingpin

Apparently, in HK, you cannot preorder online for EX HT.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #115
gol
The Spirit

Despite HT being Hong-Kongese, there aren't that many HK-based HT sellers online, and they don't have so low prices either. (here it's more important to buy from HK because it avoids big taxes)

Enterbay allows ordering straight from them, on the other hand.
gol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #116
fettcicle
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I would like to make a suggestion about ordering from an ebay seller when pre-ordering HT products. I pre-ordered a few things from a seller on ebay. I did some research on the seller, had a storefront, and positive feedback. This was before Sideshow offered them. The pre-order was months and months before the actual release.

Months later, when the items started to show up, and they were shipping, I had not received my orders. I contacted the seller, and I was told that he had not received all of my orders, and was waiting for all my items to arrive before shipping them out. Several weeks went by, and when I contacted the seller again, he said he had shipped my items, but had no proof (Out of Hong Kong) I waited a few more weeks, thinking they were in customs. They still did not arrive. I filed a complaint with ebay, but it was denied because it was past the grace period, mainly because the pre-order had come up so far in advance, several months had passed between the auction and the grievance.

I got burned for a "Lot" of money. I no longer pre-order anything from a seller on ebay, but only from a few established sellers I trust that are in the US.
fettcicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #117
Crazy 88
I am da law!

Where possible, I guess it's best to get it from an ebay seller within your own country. It doesn't pay to save taht bit to order from sellers overseas. I still do PO on ebay for my HT despite them being months away. I order from local sellers and they usually take a deposit of 10% of the selling price. It's not that huge a loss if that asshead were to run away.
Crazy 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #118
gol
The Spirit

It's weird that you got no proof, because I never ever got anything from HK that wasn't registered, thus had online tracking. While common from japan, I never saw it for HK packages.

And yes, don't expect any help from ebay, it's BS that they cover your purchases, because of that too short expiration time you mentioned.

I can only speak for Belgium, but HK is really great as for ordering. No taxes, very fast shipping, never lost a package. The only thing is that their packages are treated very roughly & they always come in bubblewrap that's hard to discard. (and of course, you have to pay attention to avoid bootlegs, it's what they do best)
I'd also advise to never buy a resin statue from a HK/Chinese seller, there's very little chance it will arrive intact. (I also strongly suspect many are trying to sell broken stuff on purpose)

I got several packages from Japan & the US lost, though, without tracking.

Quote:
It doesn't pay to save taht bit to order from sellers overseas.
in theory european prices should be around 20% higher, in practice they're often 50 to 100% higher
gol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #119
chokeman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettcicle View Post
I would like to make a suggestion about ordering from an ebay seller when pre-ordering HT products. I pre-ordered a few things from a seller on ebay. I did some research on the seller, had a storefront, and positive feedback. This was before Sideshow offered them. The pre-order was months and months before the actual release.

Months later, when the items started to show up, and they were shipping, I had not received my orders. I contacted the seller, and I was told that he had not received all of my orders, and was waiting for all my items to arrive before shipping them out. Several weeks went by, and when I contacted the seller again, he said he had shipped my items, but had no proof (Out of Hong Kong) I waited a few more weeks, thinking they were in customs. They still did not arrive. I filed a complaint with ebay, but it was denied because it was past the grace period, mainly because the pre-order had come up so far in advance, several months had passed between the auction and the grievance.

I got burned for a "Lot" of money. I no longer pre-order anything from a seller on ebay, but only from a few established sellers I trust that are in the US.
Next time you should do a chargeback.Something like this happened to me before and I got my money back right away.
chokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #120
theflash03
Frackin!

I was honestly on the fence on ordering the this Joker figure. Not because of the price, that's not a big deal at this point, if I am considering it, I'll find a way to pay for it. My problem was that I missed getting either of the previous Batman releases. Then they announced a Dark Knight Rises Batman and well, now they are both ordered. December is gonna make my bank account cry!

Oh and do what I do, order from a local comic book vendor/specialty store who has an account with Sideshow Toys. You get the figures about a week after Sideshow gets them into their warehouse. You can make payments etc. before it comes out directly to the store you buy it from and chances are pretty good that shipping is not even part of the equation. And you may also get a discount for pre-ordering early on.
theflash03 is offline   Reply With Quote