Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-06-2020, 06:46 PM   #981
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Got email to donate the old one.
What does that mean?
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #982
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
What does that mean?
From the email,
As you may know, most companies require that you destroy your old maquette in order to get the new maquette. They require to send in a photo of the destroyed piece before the new one is sent. During this time, we do not want you to destroy your old Superman maquette, but we would like you do to something special with it. We would like to request that you donate the Superman maquette to an organization that would benefit from being inspired by Superman. Suggestions would be: hospitals, children hospitals, libraries, orphanages, or another place/organization of your choosing that could use some inspiration! If you could, please let us know to whom you donated the item, and if you choose, send us a photo. #dosomethingspecial
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:18 PM   #983
Buddy Bradley
Fantastic Four

I didn't get an email. I hope my name is still on the list for a replacement.
Buddy Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:49 PM   #984
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think that is really nice that they want the statues donated
I wonder if you could still sell the statue on eBay and just donate the funds that you made from the statue to a charity
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:06 PM   #985
built2shred
Phoenix

Yeah, I got the email today also...

I would give my old one to charity except it has a lot of flaws to it including a big gray spot on his chin, the EX portrait (red eyes) is ok but there are some paint issues... I might do what mmk123 mentioned, sell it on eBay to someone who can fix it and I'll donate the money to a charity for kids...

That being said, I thought the reason behind destroying the old statues was to preserve the edition size and #, so much for being a collectable...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:26 PM   #986
mmk123

well if you think about it there would have been two editions of the Tweeterhead Superman statue and with the replacement statues there were only 175 made of that run so I do think they would be somewhat collectable. But there is always a new Superman statue coming out so I wonder how collectable could the majority of them be.

And I always thought that the reason for destroying the statue was so it could not be re-sold. I wonder if that is what Chad says to do with the statues that need replaced is to donate them and not destroy them.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:19 AM   #987
built2shred
Phoenix

Tweeterhead Edition Size numbering has always been a mess... So if Edition Sizes are important to you then don't buy TH
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:45 AM   #988
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah, I got the email today also...

I would give my old one to charity except it has a lot of flaws to it including a big gray spot on his chin, the EX portrait (red eyes) is ok but there are some paint issues... I might do what mmk123 mentioned, sell it on eBay to someone who can fix it and I'll donate the money to a charity for kids...

That being said, I thought the reason behind destroying the old statues was to preserve the edition size and #, so much for being a collectable...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
well if you think about it there would have been two editions of the Tweeterhead Superman statue and with the replacement statues there were only 175 made of that run so I do think they would be somewhat collectable. But there is always a new Superman statue coming out so I wonder how collectable could the majority of them be.

And I always thought that the reason for destroying the statue was so it could not be re-sold. I wonder if that is what Chad says to do with the statues that need replaced is to donate them and not destroy them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Tweeterhead Edition Size numbering has always been a mess... So if Edition Sizes are important to you then don't buy TH
The reasoning behind that decision is overly simple. The time involved in sending out emails and requests to show proof of destruction before you receive your new superman was more work than simply sending out the replacement. You are free to take a mallet or sidewalk to your original Superman statue when you receive the replacement. Donating to charity was a suggestion. If you wish to have him repainted to red sun supes that is your choice also.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:53 AM   #989
grphyx1
Kingpin

Built2shred it's a funny thing with this segment of the world, so many are concerned with ES and keeping it low, yet TH does and ES of 300 exes of the Hordak and there are people that complain that he's leaving money on the table and excluding people from getting the ex. It is a no win situation anymore. Plus with all these statues from multiple companies finally starting to show up, I think people forget that China was on lock down until fairly recently but they are still demanding updates. It is a conundrum.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:02 AM   #990
mmk123

I can where the managing of the emails to see if someone destroyed their statue and then sending them out the new one could be a pain in the butt and would just be a needless task for someone to manage.

I never thought that the Tweeterhead edition sizes were that much of a mess. I guess I never looked at buying statues as an investment (but if I am selling a statue and can make a profit I do not object to it).