Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-28-2018, 07:43 PM   #1381
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Just got my newly released Avengers Omnibus Vol 3, DM version with original John Buscema cover!
Nice. Mine should be here next week. Next up for me will be the Punisher MAX Omni vol. 1
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:39 PM   #1382
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Stoked to see Thor: Heroes Return Omnibus vol 2 is coming out in October. One of my favorite Thor runs of all time collected in two massive omnibuses!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:16 AM   #1383
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Just ordered Punisher Max and Wolverine Goes to Hell Omnibuses. And i'm thinking about getting Weapon X Return Omnibus.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:05 AM   #1384
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Stoked to see Thor: Heroes Return Omnibus vol 2 is coming out in October. One of my favorite Thor runs of all time collected in two massive omnibuses!
I bought the first one because I thought Jurgens' run was so much fun. However, I dropped the title after the first 30 or so issues. I wasn't aware that the follow-up 30+ issues were just as good or better.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:13 AM   #1385
protector2814
Phoenix

Just received my Avengers V3 & am anxiously awaiting my Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu V2.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #1386
Mister H
Green Goblin

Punisher MAX vol. 1 is on the way. I believe I saw Tomb of Dracula omnibus is going to be re-released, I've heard a lot of fellas say that's one of Marvel's best runs. Also Earth X, Byrne Fantastic Four and Jurgens Thor vol. 2 are on my list.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #1387
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

One comic book run that I am very surprised that never made it to Omnibus form is the Defenders (the original run). The series lasted over 150 issues. I know that it is still coming out in Marvel Masterworks but considering everything that has come out in Omnibus form I am surprised that this one did not make it. Also considering that the first few volumes of the Defenders Marvel Masterworks are out of print and go for a lot on Ebay I would think that this would be a good time to produce one. Maybe the Defenders Marvel Masterworks are not selling as well as Marvel would like.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #1388
protector2814
Phoenix

I'd love to see a Defenders Omni or two. Would also love to see omnibi devoted to Marvel Two-In-One & Marvel Team-Up.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #1389
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Punisher MAX vol. 1 is on the way. I believe I saw Tomb of Dracula omnibus is going to be re-released, I've heard a lot of fellas say that's one of Marvel's best runs. Also Earth X, Byrne Fantastic Four and Jurgens Thor vol. 2 are on my list.
Tomb of Dracula is one of the very best runs from any company. Many have referred to it as the best run of the 1970s, but I’d say of any decade. If you didn’t get the first Omnibus volumes or any of the trade collections then I can recommend this one unconditionally.

The first six issues were handed off to various writers until Marv Wolfman came on in issue 7 and stayed for the rest of the 70 issue run. While inconsistent, those first six issues still are good but, starting issue 7, this title really takes off and doesn’t stop.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #1390
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I bought the first one because I thought Jurgens' run was so much fun. However, I dropped the title after the first 30 or so issues. I wasn't aware that the follow-up 30+ issues were just as good or better.
They are!