Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #141
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
I couldn't agree more. 70-80s were the best.
It's kinda funny to think about all years man (and woman) has been on the planet, and the 70's - 80's was where it was at. The 90's on_wards hasn't been all bad. There has been some new tunes worth playing. It goes without saying, video games have advanced no end, although the classic Pac-Man style charm of minimal color/sound has long gone.

I watched Batman Returns today on Dvd. It still rates as the best of the three around that era. Must pick up the Blu-ray.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:41 PM   #142
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
It's kinda funny to think about all years man (and woman) has been on the planet, and the 70's - 80's was were it was at. The 90's on_wards hasn't been all bad. There has been some new tunes worth playing. It goes without saying, video games have advanced no end, although the classic Pac-Man style charm of minimal color/sound has long gone.
True. 90's okay, still good to listen. But man, 70s gave us a guitar god. Still at #1 till today, even after decades, nobody can replace him as the best, #1 guitarist on the list.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:48 PM   #143
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
True. 90's okay, still good to listen. But man, 70s gave us a guitar god. Still at #1 till today, even after decades, nobody can replace him as the best, #1 guitarist on the list.
Jimi Hendrix ?

Slash is my guitar god
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #144
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Jimmy Page
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:36 PM   #145
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Jimi Hendrix ?

Slash is my guitar god
Well, at least in Rolling Stones and Louder and few other articles/polls/votes.. Jimi's still #1 on their list.
But to each their own
Old 08-19-2020, 04:35 PM   #146
French Cancan
Deadman

Seventies and eighties were magic. I'm not saying we are only listening sh$t nowadays, but a lot of soul is gone .
Sometimes, if not often, the music industry looks now more like a contest: who has the most beautiful buttocks.
Well... To be honest, it’s not actually unpleasant to see all these famous female singers singing with their booties...

Jimi was our first guitar hero. The reason why he still has a special place in lot of hearts.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:37 PM   #147
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Seventies and eighties were magic. I'm not saying we are only listening sh$t nowadays, but a lot of soul is gone .
Sometimes, if not often, the music industry looks now more like a contest: who has the most beautiful buttocks.
Well... To be honest, it’s not actually unpleasant to see all these famous female singers singing with their booties...

Jimi was our first guitar hero. The reason why he still has a special place in lot of hearts.
Absolutely true.
Old 08-19-2020, 04:39 PM   #148
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post

I don’t know. The man had absolutely no booty.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:48 PM   #149
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don’t know. The man had absolutely no booty.
ha ha, a lot of people could disagree with you though..
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:25 PM   #150
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
But man, 70s gave us a guitar god.
You mean the 60's. The man died in 1970.

Also, there's always been good music. You just have to look for it.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote