Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 09-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #61
dr_teng

Oh hah, I missed the 3G model! Good catch.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #62
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
Oh hah, I missed the 3G model! Good catch.
No problem. Quite a few choices. I ordered the Kindle Touch 3G as well as the Kindle Fire. Gotta love Amazon.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #63
abarron
Batman

Hmm

Never really got into the idea of an e-reader but price of the Kindle isn't too bad and the Kindle Fire looks pretty good.

How do ebooks relate to books price wise. I like having a physical book to read but i am running out of room for them
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #64
dr_teng

That depends, on average E-books are a little cheaper but not always. However, Amazon has a massive selection of free books (and links to other sites that do), plus runs monthly 100 for $3.99 sales. I keep a list of Kindle deal resources over here.

They also have a deal of the day that's 75-90% off, which sometimes has some great books. I'm catching up on a lot of classics that I missed out on so the majority of my collection has been free or very close to it.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #65
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Reading a King novel on a stormy night wouldn't be the same on a lit screen. I'll stick to my books. Yeah, they take up space, but a (organized) room full of books has a certain appeal, in my opinion.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #66
abarron
Batman

Looking at a Kindle again as my 30th is coming up and people are asking me what i want.

The mother in-law has one and she loves it and looking at the Free books there are quite a lot i would read.

I ma put off by some of the reviews on amazon and the fact that i don't really like reading on a screen either

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
That depends, on average E-books are a little cheaper but not always. However, Amazon has a massive selection of free books (and links to other sites that do), plus runs monthly 100 for $3.99 sales. I keep a list of Kindle deal resources over here.

They also have a deal of the day that's 75-90% off, which sometimes has some great books. I'm catching up on a lot of classics that I missed out on so the majority of my collection has been free or very close to it.
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #67
dr_teng

You should try one out at a store, reading on a Kindle screen is nothing like reading on a traditional monitor or tablet. It's really similar to reading a regular book.

Except for the Kindle Fire, which is a small tablet, and not a traditional Kindle.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #68
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Amazon has the Cloud media player, that lets you download music and movies, also... so I'm GUESSING Kindle is Cloud-friendly?
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #69
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I own the latest Kindle model. Its the cheapest one not the Kindle Touch. The reason why I don't have the Kindle Touch is because I don't like touch screens and also I have long nails which I will not chop off just to use the KT.

At first I was apprehensive in purchasing the Kindle because I like holding books and going to my local bookstores. I finally decided to get one because my purse was getting heavy with books and my shoulders were paying very dearly for it.

Now that I have one, I downloaded lots of free e-books, paid for some novels by favorite authors and manga. Its mercifully lightweight and very convenient.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote