Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:22 PM   #1201
Gollum
The Herculoids

Hiya Booya!

collectiblesdirect.co.uk used to sell them but hasn't had any new ones for a while
http://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/xm-studio.html

Maybe try contacting him if not you need to try the sites on the XM Studios website which is in the FAQ section
Old 01-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #1202
Booya!
Frackin!

...hey Gollum

...thanks for that will def give him a try. i have to have just one of the XM beauties.

so pi$$ed i missed out on Magneto and Phoenix.

thanks again!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:55 AM   #1203
TethMau74
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hi XM....
Are there still plans to do a 1/4 scale Winter Soldier and if so has there been any in-house discussions on his pose and base?

Thanks, and keep up the fine work!
Old 01-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #1204
SONICobra
Batman

congrats to you guys at xm for pulling in statue company of the year! you guys earned it I wish you all the best in the years to come
Old 01-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #1205
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

not sure if this was asked already but are you guys planning on making Guardians of the Galaxy statues?
Old 01-31-2015, 09:35 AM   #1206
wanderlai
The Tick

Are coins going away?
Old 01-31-2015, 12:32 PM   #1207
PUNISH3R
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I hope so, and I hope they raise the ES as well. This flipping story has gone too far. It's hylarious that real collectors who want XM pieces have to preorder that the day one or never, while scammers purchase them only to resell.
And it afflict their market as well, selling to someone who purchase with the only intention to sell the piece again means that the company hasn't sold the piece. So you lose customers who want the complete line and don't have a real loyal market who will be with you till the end or for a certain amount of time. When dust will settle and people won't purchase the statues for 2000 $ then scammers will vanish and the only ones will be the loyal customers. But if they are enabled to purchase the line from the beginning, then they won't be there even after.

I really hope that from Ironman and Thor and on they do a 1500-2000 es.

That said and given that we are in the question section here is a few of mine:
1) Can you please do more comic-alike design? I understand you want to do complex features and different kind of textures on the costume but for me, as comic reader, it's a bit annoying. I don't want to be impressed, I want the character in 3d with the best realization(which you have proved you provide). So if you want to add texture on the gloves and shoes, it's ok. But adding lines, belts, etc like on Daredevil, Wolverine(with the hightech shoulder pad), Magneto (which portrait is soo off that people are spending even more money for a custom one...), or Quicksilver which seems a MotoGP rider is very bad. Captain America has the simplest design and still he won the 1/4 scale award on this forum, which should really make you think about what the comics statue collector wants. Phoenix, Cap, Antman, even Hawkeye are perfect, please keep going that way and if you want add more details on the base instead on the body. I will be even more pleased

2) If you want to do more detailed costumes use the modern ones. Especially on the X-Men I find Cyclops, Rogue, Emma, Nightcrawler in their Astonishing version(pre or post Messiah Complex) the best there are. I know you have to keep secret the characters, but can you confirm you will use this costume for the Premium Collectibles line? Consider that Diorama Sentinel 1 is still one of the SS grails, the only custom made Cyclops I know are Astonishing version, and Bowen's modern beats all the others. Plus Rogue is amazing with that outfit ahah. It's useless do Jim Lee era outfit, which have already been done(unsucessfully, given that Rogue and Cyclops PF have been a flop for years), and add lines, texture and other thing never existed on comics pages.

3) As said before, will you rise your edition size? I don't pretend an unrealistic 2000 pieces on Hawkeye, but at least a TBD or a 2000 on the main characters. If the demand is lower you can always claim a lower es later, by then the flippers and scammerd will be too late and who really cares about the statue will have his in preorder. I don't pretend pieces keep low value after they come out, but at least they have to be orderable during the whole preorder period. It can't go ahead this way, collectors can get tired.

Except for the designs I really love your work and your products and I just want to give my 2 cents with those FAQ, so keep coming the good stuf, Ben and bros.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:42 PM   #1208
Dusk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hi XM, is the <1000 ES part your your license deal?
Old 01-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #1209
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

any plans for a Venom and/or Carnage statues? can only imagine how badass those would be from you guys.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:06 PM   #1210
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNISH3R View Post
I hope so, and I hope they raise the ES as well. This flipping story has gone too far. It's hylarious that real collectors who want XM pieces have to preorder that the day one or never, while scammers purchase them only to resell.
And it afflict their market as well, selling to someone who purchase with the only intention to sell the piece again means that the company hasn't sold the piece. So you lose customers who want the complete line and don't have a real loyal market who will be with you till the end or for a certain amount of time. When dust will settle and people won't purchase the statues for 2000 $ then scammers will vanish and the only ones will be the loyal customers. But if they are enabled to purchase the line from the beginning, then they won't be there even after.

I really hope that from Ironman and Thor and on they do a 1500-2000 es.

That said and given that we are in the question section here is a few of mine:
1) Can you please do more comic-alike design? I understand you want to do complex features and different kind of textures on the costume but for me, as comic reader, it's a bit annoying. I don't want to be impressed, I want the character in 3d with the best realization(which you have proved you provide). So if you want to add texture on the gloves and shoes, it's ok. But adding lines, belts, etc like on Daredevil, Wolverine(with the hightech shoulder pad), Magneto (which portrait is soo off that people are spending even more money for a custom one...), or Quicksilver which seems a MotoGP rider is very bad. Captain America has the simplest design and still he won the 1/4 scale award on this forum, which should really make you think about what the comics statue collector wants. Phoenix, Cap, Antman, even Hawkeye are perfect, please keep going that way and if you want add more details on the base instead on the body. I will be even more pleased

2) If you want to do more detailed costumes use the modern ones. Especially on the X-Men I find Cyclops, Rogue, Emma, Nightcrawler in their Astonishing version(pre or post Messiah Complex) the best there are. I know you have to keep secret the characters, but can you confirm you will use this costume for the Premium Collectibles line? Consider that Diorama Sentinel 1 is still one of the SS grails, the only custom made Cyclops I know are Astonishing version, and Bowen's modern beats all the others. Plus Rogue is amazing with that outfit ahah. It's useless do Jim Lee era outfit, which have already been done(unsucessfully, given that Rogue and Cyclops PF have been a flop for years), and add lines, texture and other thing never existed on comics pages.

3) As said before, will you rise your edition size? I don't pretend an unrealistic 2000 pieces on Hawkeye, but at least a TBD or a 2000 on the main characters. If the demand is lower you can always claim a lower es later, by then the flippers and scammerd will be too late and who really cares about the statue will have his in preorder. I don't pretend pieces keep low value after they come out, but at least they have to be orderable during the whole preorder period. It can't go ahead this way, collectors can get tired.

Except for the designs I really love your work and your products and I just want to give my 2 cents with those FAQ, so keep coming the good stuf, Ben and bros.
My opinion on raising the ES is not only No but Hell No! I am not paying $1,000 or more for a piece that has an ES of 2,000 or more. Besides this has been covered already and XM said they won't go passed 999 for their 1/4 scale Marvel line.
Closed Thread