Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #2301
IXEC
Hellboy

Does anyone know if XM-Studio statues can be "stored" in freezing winter weather..?

I'm getting ready to rebuild my home and I need to pack-up my statues here in the Boston area where the winters get quite cold.....

I know XM designed their statue to withstand a more tropical climate.....will freezing weather be a bad way to store them....?
Old 11-24-2016, 01:27 AM   #2302
khrisc
The X-Men

is there a chance for a pointed helmet version to be included for Iron Man classic?
Old 11-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #2303
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Please tell me shorudan you guys are correcting Cables eye direction to match cyber eye. Right now its wonky as fudge.

i know to some collectors they wanna justify it by saying the cyber eye can move on its own but thats just stupid reasoning. One theyre acknowledging its wonky too and second when so you ever see Cable doing the chameleon eyes?

Its the only thing that needs to be touched up on this piece. If its a "looking at the gun" issue then change to sculpt head dirextion totally. ANYTHING but wonky eyes

it was modelled for same eye direction. This model might have been tweek to give a leaner look but the head direction and cyber eye hasnt changed
Understand your concerns French. Won't be wonky eyes for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
Doc Oc will be shown before Jan?!?! I CAN NOT wait!!! Please tell me that it would be classic costume and the mechanical arms are similar to the ones on Spidey's base?
Yup it would be classic costumes and the intention is to match the mechanical arms to Spidey's base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis View Post
Hi, want to ask about Planet Hulk, any info like PO date, ES and release date?
Any chance we'll see Deadpool soon?

Thanks
Too early to say, I've only seen pics of the BEAST (it has an incredibly huuuuuge presence) being shipped to the Engineering Team for dissecting and planning. So it will be a couple more months before any updates are ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Thank you for this Bryan! The material pelts were very nice, but didn't show the same momentum that the sculpted ones did. I think sculpted is the right choice for this piece.
Thanks Sisko! We try our best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
Does anyone know if XM-Studio statues can be "stored" in freezing winter weather..?

I'm getting ready to rebuild my home and I need to pack-up my statues here in the Boston area where the winters get quite cold.....

I know XM designed their statue to withstand a more tropical climate.....will freezing weather be a bad way to store them....?
Extreme cold temperatures could create contraction difference between the surface paint and the underlying polyresin. Throw in dry atmosphere and hairline cracks could appear on the paint surface. Best to avoid the situation if you can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
is there a chance for a pointed helmet version to be included for Iron Man classic?
Unlikely at this stage Khrisc... we've pretty much worked out the polyfoam packaging details at the moment.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #2304
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Thanks again for the answerz. Always look for ward to this part of the forums! Thanks for the response with Cables eye too.

the tempreture storage thing is interesting though. Are there max and min temp storage requirements that you know of that these statues can handle before damage?
Old 11-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #2305
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Double post edit
Old 11-25-2016, 11:53 AM   #2306
Marvel O'Gen
Frackin!

Bryan, Hope to see the Power Ranger concept soon as I am a big fan of it. Surely we need a White Ranger apart from the 6 shown at Power Morphicon.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #2307
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hi Bryan there are any news about hulkbuster?
Old 11-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #2308
Jayfoghorn
Fantastic Four

Hi any estimates on the samurai bat
Thanks
Old 11-26-2016, 10:12 PM   #2309
Lockdown
Mephisto

Hey Bryan/XM,

I like if you would consider these points on Optimus Prime:

I would to like see a switch-out gun when Optimus is not holding the matrix and also the matrix is being made of real blue gem/crystal.

Maybe it's the angle or perspective, but the pose when OP is holding the ax and matrix, his upper body seems to be leaning too back. Would like his upper body more perpendicular.

I like the earlier wip pose when his left leg was higher and his right leg more twisted to the left, it makes his waist looks leaner and has a more powerful pose.

I also have concerns about the back of the base, it might be too high and could block the details of OP's legs and back. I like it if OP was actually standing on that part of the base, the fallen Decepticon engine/wings like he just shot it down.
Old 11-30-2016, 07:09 AM   #2310
TB-303
Fantastic Four

Hi Bryan,

can you / someone at XM please update the PO & shipping dates on your website?
Do you have a current estimated shipping date for Elektra and Witch Blade?
Thanks.
Closed Thread