Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-28-2022, 07:32 AM   #1
Demona
Martian Manhunter

RIP Taylor Hawkins

I'm amazed that nobody else had already created a thread for the very unexpected and tragic loss of Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters.

The Foo Fighters is my favorite band. Hand downs. I have had the pleasure of seeing them live four times. Always a great time. While Dave Grohl is my favorite, and has been in all his band iterations, the joy and fun that Taylor brought to the band was undeniable. To have Dave give over the reigns of the drums to Taylor was all you needed to know about the man's skills. And then you heard him play and drive the band.

It saddens me the band is gutted. It saddens me that Dave Grohl lost another best friend. It saddens me that my music fan family is gutted. And it saddens me that odds are very high I, and the world, will never have another Foo Fighters album or tour. Which I respect because the fact that Dave and Pat already had to pick themselves up to Kurt may just be too much.

The bigger story here is that addiction sucks. I keep hoping that the toxicology reports are incorrect, but I don't think they are.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
jeremydmc
Black Panther

He will be sorely missed. A terrific drummer. I've seen Foo Fighters several times myself. It was a gut punch when I found out Taylor had passed.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:30 AM   #3
SONICobra
Batman

yeah i had a difficult time believing this, such a sad loss
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 10:31 PM   #4
Augen
Metal Men

I was supposed to see them this year and it fell through. I stupidly said "they'll be back in a few years". The pandemic should have taught me not to take it for granted and do and see what you can as nothing is to be taken for granted.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote