Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #101
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Yikes... Not sure which film this T-Rex is supposed to be from. The proportion and anatomy does not match the JP female. The only thing that works is the head. And the pose is too stiff for P1's standard. Looks like they didn't use the Winston maquette as reference before posting it digitally. It looks ok as is but it's far from how it should look.
Julian Romero sculpted this and I think he did a fantastic job, when compared to the IS Rex this one is far superior, I believe they are the same scale 1:10. Between this, the 1:6 Blue and 1;1 Baby Blue Prime1 is really delivering fantastic work, and based on their previous work I have no reason to think that the final production work won't be any less well done, while other companies are making JP items, quality in final product continues to be an issue
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #102
Steve evans
The Spirit

I think the concerns could be the result of photo angle. The legs look slightly stiff and slightly chunky in the pictures provided. But I don't feel this is a true reflection of this sculpt. As Chrisrex82 has mentioned, this was sculpted by Julien Romeo, who is an absolute perfectionist when it comes to reproducing Jurassic (SWS) dinosaurs. I have no doubt this will be superb.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #103
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
And the pose is too stiff for P1's standard.
That was my thoughts too. Such a plain looking statue. Chronicle did the iconic break out pose. Iron has rexy with her foot on the ford explorer. Prime has her....standing there, IDK. Much more excited for somthing a little more energetic, like their rex fighting the raptors
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #104
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

I'm probably in the minority but I like the neutral walking pose. While it does seem similar to Sideshow's T-Rex statue from the Dinosauria line, I still quite like it. Both CC and IS did iconic poses seen on screen. Having something like this is nice.

The statue itself doesn't exactly look like Rexy though. For some reason I see TLW female T-Rex when I look at it.

I'm looking forward to seeing if P1 makes any changes to better replicate Rexy.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #105
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Julian Romero sculpted this and I think he did a fantastic job, when compared to the IS Rex this one is far superior, I believe they are the same scale 1:10. Between this, the 1:6 Blue and 1;1 Baby Blue Prime1 is really delivering fantastic work, and based on their previous work I have no reason to think that the final production work won't be any less well done, while other companies are making JP items, quality in final product continues to be an issue
He did. Here's the thing, it's a common knowledge that whoever makes the call on how a product should look at the end is not usually the artist themselves, which explain why this piece and many others companies looks the way it is. Had very high hopes for P1s' stuff based on the images of 1/6 Blue but this particular piece is a huge let down at the moment.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:50 PM   #106
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
I'm probably in the minority but I like the neutral walking pose. While it does seem similar to Sideshow's T-Rex statue from the Dinosauria line, I still quite like it. Both CC and IS did iconic poses seen on screen. Having something like this is nice.

The statue itself doesn't exactly look like Rexy though. For some reason I see TLW female T-Rex when I look at it.

A natural walking pose is very beautiful but hard to nail down and have so many things going on when it comes to the muscle tones and a sense of weight shift(head, body and tail). For me, If they did studied a walking cycle from ILM's animation. They picked the plainest frame from it.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:30 PM   #107
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Julian Romero sculpted this
Ahhhhhh! So that's what that 3D model was was working on was for. And here I thought it was just a for JP: Origins alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post

I like the neutral pose too. So many statues out there have dynamic poses, I think it's nice to get something nice and neutral and exhibitional for a change. It looks like something I'd expect to find in a museum.

As for the colors and proportions, the proportions are fine. Unless Prime1 made changes to the model (which I wouldn't see why they would) this is the most accurate JP '93 T. rex we'll ever had outside of the original ILM files.

Watching Julien painstakingly construct the CGI model was a treat, and I think it's amazing that I'll be able to buy a copy of my own.

As for the colors, it's all about the lighting. The color looks fine in the lighting that's shaded, but the overhead lighting is extremely harsh and has washed out A LOT of the color. I think we'll just have to wait for better pics.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:17 PM   #108
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

He is not completely straight tho. But im missing the "weight displacement" feel in her. But i do like the model.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180729-191506_Video Player.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	414.1 KB
ID:	115701  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #109
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos4Ever View Post
It would be awesime if P1 uses this model but they did not. Stupid move on P1's end.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:48 AM   #110
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

That's not the one they're using? Poo. I still think it looks great, though. Found some detailed shots from a guy on Facebook:

Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote