Hellboy

God of War - 1/10 Scale

Quote:
“Don’t be sorry. Be better” #ironstudios #godofwar #atreus
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Even though I´m excited for this, since God of War is one of my favourite franchises, it also makes me a little frustrated to see that IS is not making a bigger scale. Especially considering that there were quite a few brazilians digital sculptors that actually worked in the game.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:35 AM   #3
dhbswp32
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
Even though I´m excited for this, since God of War is one of my favourite franchises, it also makes me a little frustrated to see that IS is not making a bigger scale. Especially considering that there were quite a few brazilians digital sculptors that actually worked in the game.

The reason why IS makes 1/10 is that it is the main product, it can leave a lot of profit, and it is less burden on price, so it seems to make various layers customers.

However, in recent years, 1/4, 1/3, and 1/6 products have been increasing. IS feels like responding to customers.

Obviously, what IS has been able to achieve by now is that it is spreading 1/10 of relatively low price and good quality than other companies.
dhbswp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:49 AM   #4
built2shred
Phoenix

I imagine it's easy for Iron Studios to get world licenses with 1/10 scale... plus the smaller scale allows for lower costs and a lower price point for new collectors to get into the hobby.. 1/10 is pretty much Iron Studios bread and butter now... They do a few 1/4 scale statues here and there but I would guess 80% of their business is now 1/10 scale.. Iron Studios 1/10 stuff is pretty solid, it's as detailed as many 1/4 statues are and in some cases even better paint applications...

If you do want a bigger scale GamingHeads has a 1/4 scale where he's sitting on a throne and Sony has a 1:6 scale one.. both are for sale at BBTS.com
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:29 AM   #5
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Of course all of the above are solid reasons and I know their focus is 1/10, like it's always been, but that was not my point. I think that God of War is a franchise that IS could also have sucess with a bigger scale besides the 1/10 scale, since there are very few statues of this quality of the game. Also, the fact that the main digital sculptors of the game are brazilian makes me wonder what could have been done with a bigger scale, since they have some good relations with IS and their work is pretty stunning. Just look at the sculp that Igor Catto made of the Valkyrie Queen and you will see what I mean.

This license fits like a glove for IS and I think they will make a great statue, I just think they could have been more ambitious with it.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #6
adee
Green Arrow

I've grown to love 1:10 scale. Both cost and space have allowed me to keep collecting. I still collect the big stuff but at a much slower rate.

Excited to see this one but I haven't played it yet. I hope they do an OG version to go with it.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:29 PM   #7
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Of course all of the above are solid reasons and I know their focus is 1/10, like it's always been, but that was not my point. I think that God of War is a franchise that IS could also have sucess with a bigger scale besides the 1/10 scale, since there are very few statues of this quality of the game. Also, the fact that the main digital sculptors of the game are brazilian makes me wonder what could have been done with a bigger scale, since they have some good relations with IS and their work is pretty stunning. Just look at the sculp that Igor Catto made of the Valkyrie Queen and you will see what I mean.

This license fits like a glove for IS and I think they will make a great statue, I just think they could have been more ambitious with it.

I'm not sure popularity of the game would translate into a lot of sales for expensive 1/4 statues... Figure if they did do a 1/4 scale you probably looking at around $700-$800 for it... It also seems GamingHeads has the 1:4 license for North America so that would also limit who Iron Studios could sell to...
Old 11-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #8
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm not sure popularity of the game would translate into a lot of sales for expensive 1/4 statues... Figure if they did do a 1/4 scale you probably looking at around $700-$800 for it... It also seems GamingHeads has the 1:4 license for North America so that would also limit who Iron Studios could sell to...
My frustration has more to do with the fact that IS has all the tools to make one of the best God of War statues in 1/4 scale, and I would like to see that. I don't question that it would be risky or that it makes market sense to focus in 1/10 scale. I think we are discussing different things here.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #9
Mister H
Green Goblin

I’d drop some coin for a cool 1/4 Kratos statue from the latest game.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:16 PM   #10
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
My frustration has more to do with the fact that IS has all the tools to make one of the best God of War statues in 1/4 scale, and I would like to see that. I don't question that it would be risky or that it makes market sense to focus in 1/10 scale. I think we are discussing different things here.
I was just giving reasons why they probably can't or won't make one.... But yeah I get it, you just want them to make one

I also have a long wish list of statues I'm hoping some company will make one day...