Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 08-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #121
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch07137 View Post
Gratz! maybe Dark suit next??
No! Varia suit please! Lol JK. I'd love to see the Dark suit as long as the Varia is not too far behind, with a 1/4 Metroid made with clear resin.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #122
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
No! Varia suit please! Lol JK. I'd love to see the Dark suit as long as the Varia is not too far behind, with a 1/4 Metroid made with clear resin.
Sweet idea! If they could find a way to obscure the wires in clear resin, they could embed some multicolor LEDs for a light-up Ex, but I'm sure a regular would be good enough.

On a similar note, I'd LOVE a translucent cast Samus (mostly painted over) with embedded LEDs to try to mimic her glowing, rainbow, super-powered effect at the end of Super Metroid.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:21 AM   #123
maverick1891
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just preordered ex. My first f4f piece. I mainly collect sideshow and pcs but I'm jumping into this new metroid line.
maverick1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #124
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1891 View Post
Just preordered ex. My first f4f piece. I mainly collect sideshow and pcs but I'm jumping into this new metroid line.
Nice! you wont be disappointed. I only collect from the same companies and F4F
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:09 AM   #125
SkyPirate82
Death is hereditary.

Whilst I was personally a little underwhelmed with Metroid Prime 2 (and so, by extension, won't be buying this statue) I applaud F4F for going with one of the least obvious suit designs and for making such a killer piece. The EX looks epic.
SkyPirate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #126
Mitch07137

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPirate82 View Post
Whilst I was personally a little underwhelmed with Metroid Prime 2 (and so, by extension, won't be buying this statue) I applaud F4F for going with one of the least obvious suit designs and for making such a killer piece. The EX looks epic.
I loved prime 1, 2 was good but no so much prime 3 maybe it was the motion controls
Old 08-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #127
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch07137 View Post
I loved prime 1, 2 was good but no so much prime 3 maybe it was the motion controls
I wanna see the game go back to its old formula from Super Metroid and expand from that. That game was bad ass. I dont care too much for that FPS format.

I can't wait for this statue. Even though its not the varia suit, that I was really hoping for, its gonna be nice to have a 1/4 scale Samus. I wonder why they chose that pose with the bear hand up. Wouldve looked awesome if that hand was on the blaster.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #128
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Do you guys think the future Samus 1/4 variants will be same pose as the light suit? Do F4F generally do museum type poses?
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #129
Mitch07137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
I wanna see the game go back to its old formula from Super Metroid and expand from that. That game was bad ass. I dont care too much for that FPS format.

I can't wait for this statue. Even though its not the varia suit, that I was really hoping for, its gonna be nice to have a 1/4 scale Samus. I wonder why they chose that pose with the bear hand up. Wouldve looked awesome if that hand was on the blaster.
That hand up is kinda akward but still looks good overall, I would love another classic Metroid! if anything it will be on the 3DS

Quote:
Do you guys think the future Samus 1/4 variants will be same pose as the light suit? Do F4F generally do museum type poses?
I think the dark suit would be if they re-use this sculpt

Think the EX will be waitlisted soon
Old 08-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #130
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
First 4 Figures always pursues some form of official game art, whether it be from the game's files, covers or promotional imaging.

While their Zelda Master Arts line doesn't exclusively feature one style (it has statues in both museum and semi-action poses), a majority, if not all of the suits have "museum pose" reference material. Fortunately, they're all similar enough to look like a cohesive set but varied enough to avoid looking like one-to-one variants should they ever be made into statues.

If I was home, I'd post some images. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least four specific references for the Dark, Varia, Gravity, and PED suits, respectively. If no one's posted any by the time I get home later tonight, I'll put 'em up.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote