Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #2751
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoJe View Post
Man i was really excited for this but $900 is way to much for me at least for now. Really disappointed should have been $700 at most.
Too much forcyou? It's way too much for everyone for what they're offering. Instant pass at that ridiculous price.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #2752
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
That price is a joke for a 1/3 bust, no matter how nice it looks. How can that (with a relatively large ES of 1500 for only on version) Be the same price as the entire City hunter statue of which about 350 were made?

I like this, and I like what Prime 1 create, but they are taking advantage of Predator fans here and it's starting to leave a foul taste in my mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Double post.

But I'll use it to say this again... Shame on you Prime 1 in this case! I hope you don't sell any of these.

Yeah - what a farce - PRIME1 . . . cheeky wee buggers

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #2753
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsack Steve View Post
Just did a video ranting on the price and saw this little nugget in the Facebook comment section.

That's funny, at least they are noticing the feedback. Could they point us in the direction of a 1/2 human head that they're selling for $900? Even Pennywise was $499 and they had plenty of detail, and even tailoring etc added which we're always told adds cost. They know what they're doing and the pathetic attempts to justify it are just making it more annoying....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #2754
Blade3327
Nightwing

Looks like Prime 1 (the official page, not the group) has disabled comments on their Facebook posts, at least for me. Anyone else only seeing the option to share their posts?

EDIT: Looks like they deleted most of the other comments balking at the price. Mine wasn't even uncivil. I stated the weight and price of the piece with a question mark, simple as that.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 03:38 PM   #2755
DUTCH_IS_BADASS
Frackin!

Does anyone know if Predators light up self destruct gauntlet does the whole countdown like ECC, symbol changes would take it to the next level
DUTCH_IS_BADASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 04:35 PM   #2756
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Looks like Prime 1 (the official page, not the group) has disabled comments on their Facebook posts, at least for me. Anyone else only seeing the option to share their posts?

EDIT: Looks like they deleted most of the other comments balking at the price. Mine wasn't even uncivil. I stated the weight and price of the piece with a question mark, simple as that.

I seem to remember this being standard operating procedure for these asshats.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #2757
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Prototype video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFm_KWClbx4
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:30 PM   #2758
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Torso proportions look fine to me.

With that closed mouth head and the medkit, it pretty much has everything possible for the 87 pred. They've left no square unturned. A 100% completionist collectible.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:33 PM   #2759
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
that video isn't doing the $1000 extra head any favors.

Up close, zoomed in shots of the Closed Mouth Head it looks stunning.

But from a normal viewing distance away...i'm not to crazy about. I like the depth the extended mandibles on the open mouth and the semi open mouth add to the head. The closed mouth head is a much more low profile look...i know it's you favorite look, and i love it too, but after seeing this lousy video...i think i'd put the closed mouth head in 4th place being the Open, Masked and Semi-Open heads when viewing at a normal viewing distance.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:41 PM   #2760
CoJe
Frackin!

Alright here is what I think is gonna happen. Prime 1 knows that if this Predator statue and the busts aren't on par or at least 99% of what the prototypes look like paint-wise, their reputation is gonna go down. This is by far their most hyped statue, arguably ever. And now with the backlash on price and them saying that their creative director is personally overseeing production, I think they are putting all of their eggs in this basket. I really do not think they are going to screw up the paint, because a good portion of the statue community would abandon them. This limited bust is $900 which is crazy and it is very disappointing, but I've spent almost the same price on a 1/6 custom figure and this bust is the best sculpt on a Predator's head I've seen outside of life-size head-only busts that go for thousands. I'm still debating and all of my and the rest of the communities criticism of the price are very valid. It is hard to see a better closed-mouth portrait of the Predator being released by any other company though. I'm going to hold out to see if they drop the price or offer a discount. But if I see a low stock warning I might have to buy it. That's just me though and bearing in mind that this statue is going to be the last statue I'm ever planning on collecting. And definitely the last Predator piece for me.
CoJe is offline   Reply With Quote