Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-05-2021, 01:31 AM   #2781
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
The DX version ES numbers now says TBA. Previously I thought the DXS ES of 999 includes the DX. But it looks like there separate with their own ES. There's going to be a gazillion of these made, they better bring their A+ game
Be surprising if they manage to get other statues out in the next two years. Unless this is coming from its own factory/department/however they divide the projects up.

The only positive I can imagine is that painting Predators will become such a regular thing that
A. they could get it down to an exact science
B. it'll be easier to throw away heads that don't meet QC standards
C. it won't be a huge ask to prepare new heads for anyone who needs an exchange
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:07 AM   #2782
Jungle Demon
Hydra

1:4 Big Game is still available in every option so there is no way that they produce 2000 1:3 Jungle Hunters and sale it all. That's impossible.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:30 AM   #2783
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Well I'm sorry guys I have caved here. The Premium Bust Predator (Film) Jungle Hunter Predator Limited Version Its too good a bust and I would love this on my full size statue. Med kit too but the look is awesome. For me, its a pain Prime One only has this to order and also its a pain that as I have ordered the full size 1/3 piece I don't get the option of a discount. however the fact is, if you want it and lucky enough to afford it, then buy it. If its too much then don't. Sorry to say they have us by the balls but there we go. So I'm in with this one. At the end of the day I will be gutted if i missed out on getting the ultimate look for me anyway. Agree though I went for the full option on the 1/3 such a shame this head wasn't included in the first place. You pay your money you make your choice
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:34 AM   #2784
Dundee
Hydra

1/4 Big Game just never had the same vibe during pre production, probably because of its unique pose (some love it, some don't). As good as the prototype looked, sales just weren't there. Once production pieces came, expectations were not met, lots were cancelled, new entrants also didn't want to buy it and this 1/3 came along. All this effectively killed that line.

This 1/3 is something else. It's hyped to the max, has sold hundreds already in the first few months and will continue to sell until production comes out. IF they nail production, I won't be surprised they end up selling 1500+ of these before discontinuing the product, as every predator fan will scram to jump on it.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:34 AM   #2785
Dundee
Hydra

Dup.

Might as well yarn to fill in the space!
Hows the endo coming along Wayne? Hope you get it soon.
Congrats on getting the bust, whilst it is way overpriced, it is a killer piece, portrait is perfect and the full op medkit completes this entire set.

The bust and cannon is not entirely without it's use, you can display any of the 4 heads (5 including the closed mouth), with the FS or as a standalone piece anywhere in the home. So I guess that's neat. The pred heads do look a lot better on the bust versus the standard stand.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #2786
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
1/4 Big Game just never had the same vibe during pre production, probably because of its unique pose (some love it, some don't). As good as the prototype looked, sales just weren't there. Once production pieces came, expectations were not met, lots were cancelled, new entrants also didn't want to buy it and this 1/3 came along. All this effectively killed that line.
Don't know how relevant this is, but all versions of the 1/4 are waitlisted on Prime 1's site. What CoJe suggested in their posts above is very likely true -- they went out of their way to separate the aesthetic of the 1/4 from the new 1/3, which is its own problem -- but that was still acceptable for many people. There's no shortage of Big Game photos out there, loads were shipped and kept. Sure, folks like me posted up a storm, but it hasn't done much to hurt Prime 1's reputation. We're in the minority.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:17 AM   #2787
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

some interesting Psychology went into Prime 1's offering of the bust and this statue. The DXS statue which retails for $2999 that most purchased because they wanted EVERYTHING. They wanted the ultimate version with all the switch outs, and the price highlights this.

So now the people that have secured the DCS the Ultimate Version, Prime 1's greedy ass now offers the bust an an unreasonable price point because they figured the have many collectors trapped. The collectors want everything and the collectors that purchased the DXS have already shown they will open up the wallets DEEP to secure the DXS. SO what do they do, play win our emotions and give us this killer bust at an UNREASONABLE price point knowing many will be conflicted and if they want everything they have to pay up.

These guys suck. I will never buy anything from them again.

Funny thing is the DXS is amazing as it is, i don't think the $1000 bust makes or breaks it in the slightest, it's more of a bonus to say i got it all, and IMO its not even close to being worth the $$$$.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:49 AM   #2788
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Funny thing is the DXS is amazing as it is, i don't think the $1000 bust makes or breaks it in the slightest, it's more of a bonus to say i got it all, and IMO its not even close to being worth the $$$$.

To me closed mouth version os the best Predator look. I like it more than open mouth etc. That’s why I order it. It’s good to have options.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:02 AM   #2789
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
To me closed mouth version os the best Predator look. I like it more than open mouth etc. That’s why I order it. It’s good to have options.
It looks great.

I agree options are good, but Im still having a great deal of trouble justifying the cost of purchasing a fifth head for my $3300 statue that already comes with 4 heads for ($1000) 1/3 the cost of the entire statue.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:07 AM   #2790
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
that video isn't doing the $1000 extra head any favors.

Up close, zoomed in shots of the Closed Mouth Head it looks stunning.

But from a normal viewing distance away...i'm not to crazy about. I like the depth the extended mandibles on the open mouth and the semi open mouth add to the head. The closed mouth head is a much more low profile look...i know it's you favorite look, and i love it too, but after seeing this lousy video...i think i'd put the closed mouth head in 4th place being the Open, Masked and Semi-Open heads when viewing at a normal viewing distance.
Yep.. Dont love how it looks on the full statue. Makes it an easy pass.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote