Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-01-2021, 12:15 AM   #2891
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

funny, they put the closed mouth on it.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:39 AM   #2892
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
We all know that anybody joining that waitlist is going to get a conversion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
It?d be interesting to have a couple of us simultaneously join the waitlist to see if all the participants get converted simultaneously as well. That would tell us if there is an automated setting on their behalf. If five people got five conversions all within minutes of each other? pretty slick prime 1.
Going to come clean and report some findings. I joined Prime 1's waitlist around the beginning of November to test whether it would convert immediately (or within a few days). It didn't. I've no doubt some orders will be cancelled closer to release as often happens with collectibles, but for the time being it's not budging.

I also noticed Sugo Toys still has this at a discount low enough that a US buyer can pay as much (if not less) for the bust there than via Prime 1, but with expedited EMS shipping. A better deal overall.

Knowing this, I made the decision to cancel my waitlist with Prime 1 and order from Sugo. I figure I'll keep the closed-mouth portrait and sell the rest of the bust along with the Gort head to recoup most of the price. I'll also be selling the Big Chap and Warrior statues when they arrive, keeping only their respective busts.

That, together with the fact that the 1/3 City Hunter won't be here until at least 2024 should make it possible to wind up with two 1/3 Predator statues and three 1/3 Alien busts, rounding out the AVP collection I've always dreamed of -- assuming the Predators are painted well.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:40 AM   #2893
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Going to come clean and report some findings. I joined Prime 1's waitlist around the beginning of November to test whether it would convert immediately (or within a few days). It didn't. I've no doubt some orders will be cancelled closer to release as often happens with collectibles, but for the time being it's not budging.
Well, that voids my theory. Thanks for the insight.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #2894
Furyan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazed View Post
Not sure if posted already but some footage here at the 27 min mark

https://youtu.be/DMbxPcKEdRk
Damn that squinting eye sculpt looks awesome on there.Still cant justify the price
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #2895
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post

I also noticed Sugo Toys still has this at a discount low enough that a US buyer can pay as much (if not less) for the bust there than via Prime 1, but with expedited EMS shipping. A better deal overall.

Knowing this, I made the decision to cancel my waitlist with Prime 1 and order from Sugo. I figure I'll keep the closed-mouth portrait and sell the rest of the bust along with the Gort head to recoup most of the price. I'll also be selling the Big Chap and Warrior statues when they arrive, keeping only their respective busts.

That, together with the fact that the 1/3 City Hunter won't be here until at least 2024 should make it possible to wind up with two 1/3 Predator statues and three 1/3 Alien busts, rounding out the AVP collection I've always dreamed of -- assuming the Predators are painted well.
i don't think we'll see converts anytime soon. There's no rush.

Batman Batcave DXS was waitlisted after about a month or two and it was a while before any converts and then it was in-stock on the website for a decent amount of time. There's no rush this piece won't be shipped until the middle of 2023.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:31 PM   #2896
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i don't think we'll see converts anytime soon. There's no rush.

Batman Batcave DXS was waitlisted after about a month or two and it was a while before any converts and then it was in-stock on the website for a decent amount of time. There's no rush this piece won't be shipped until the middle of 2023.
Mid 23?? They say 4th quarter 2022 and normally I’d say that is wishful thinking but the attention they are paying to this one tells me they are making this a PRIORITY so early 23 is very likely!
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:14 AM   #2897
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Mid 23?? They say 4th quarter 2022 and normally I?d say that is wishful thinking but the attention they are paying to this one tells me they are making this a PRIORITY so early 23 is very likely!
Looking at this video, the busts are scheduled 4 - 5 months behind the full statue and should be ready May 2023
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:59 AM   #2898
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Closed mouth bust on it looks superb with the masked head on the stand next to it. No brainer for me that's how i'm going to display mine. Gone for the closed mouth version just looks too good not to for me.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 12:43 AM   #2899
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazed View Post
Not sure if posted already but some footage here at the 27 min mark

https://youtu.be/DMbxPcKEdRk
That poster print behind the statue is 2009 Hot Toys Predator .

Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:08 AM   #2900
Blade3327
Nightwing

I think the Hot Toys helmet was used for the Predator Blu-Ray cover several years back. Since then, it's been an official marketing image.

They even went as far as to show the whole figure on some of the box sets.

Here it is with what appears to be the Hot Toys Scar Predator helmet Photoshopped on top.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote