Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-22-2021, 12:40 AM   #1191
SONICobra
Batman

I honestly dont understand how they can sustain this business model. Multiple licenses from multiple genres with some very niche properties and characters (im looking at you batman forever). All enormous and with an entry level pricetag at $1000+

I admire their ambition just seems hard to believe they can sell all this stuff when production costs and shipping is at an all time high and most people are scaling back do to space and/or budget constraints. I wish them luck though, they put out some stuff that sure is cool to look at
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:46 AM   #1192
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

most likely because they are selling it that much. otherwise they wouldn't go for it. not sure if we have their latest sale chart, they should give us more insight
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:50 AM   #1193
SONICobra
Batman

I mean im no market expert i just see what other companies are doing (lower es, price increases slowing down, more concious smaller footprints) and how long things are staying in stock and cant help but wonder. Guess they know better than anyone else just baffles me comparing them to other companies
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:59 AM   #1194
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I mean im no market expert i just see what other companies are doing (lower es, price increases slowing down, more concious smaller footprints) and how long things are staying in stock and cant help but wonder. Guess they know better than anyone else just baffles me comparing them to other companies
I agree with you. It feels a little like a giant pyramid scheme. People are putting deposits down on statues which are two-three years down the road and those deposits are funding the current production cycle. If anything starts disrupting the deposits on preorders though, watch out.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:09 AM   #1195
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
you are right, other companies are taking it slow with 1-2 projects at a time and small production. im guessing prime 1 is on top because of their sheer quality, so they may get more customers. even though they reveal many statues, we wont see them release for another 2-5 years. some of the last reveals aren't even up for preorder yet. and who knows if they might get canceled.

im just hoping with as much they are showing, they don't rush and cheapen the quality. i have seen some studio went that way.
Old 05-22-2021, 01:16 AM   #1196
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

In case anyone missed it, The Last of Us 2 & Demon Souls pieces are in development.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:23 AM   #1197
saberhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I agree with you. It feels a little like a giant pyramid scheme. People are putting deposits down on statues which are two-three years down the road and those deposits are funding the current production cycle. If anything starts disrupting the deposits on preorders though, watch out.
That's how I feel about Queen and XM too, at least Prime 1 is spaced out on the risky stuff instead of revealing whole lines. Queen is just starting to expand their offerings and they land on like 10 Iron Man pieces including a Hulkbuster? What? And XM has this whole XM Days thing and Ang still can't keep himself from dropping even more teases and reveals on top of the event and the word search. Feels like massive houses of cards waiting to fall. Pre-orders are flowing in while finished products trickle out.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:44 AM   #1198
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
In case anyone missed it, The Last of Us 2 & Demon Souls pieces are in development.
i wonder what they will have for Demons Souls. Maybe one of the bosses or maiden in black or the generic poster hero.
Old 05-22-2021, 01:54 AM   #1199
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
i wonder what they will have for Demons Souls. Maybe one of the bosses or maiden in black or the generic poster hero.
Maybe poster hero fighting a boss. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t dynamic like RE2, HZD or GOW. I hope the LOU2 piece is Ellie and Abby beating the crap out of each other.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 02:00 AM   #1200
ivory7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Maybe poster hero fighting a boss. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t dynamic like RE2, HZD or GOW. I hope the LOU2 piece is Ellie and Abby beating the crap out of each other.
lol as long its not her beating Joel with golf club.