Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-25-2021, 11:14 AM   #1981
Cromulon
Justice League

Is this worth missing mortgage payments and losing my house for? I can always live in my storage unit.....?
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #1982
RetroRules
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
Is this worth missing mortgage payments and losing my house for? I can always live in my storage unit.....?
You could live in the boxes it comes in and cancel the storage unit and use the money towards the 1/3 P2. Then use the boxes off the P2 to extend your home 🏘
RetroRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:30 PM   #1983
Cromulon
Justice League

Ha, funny. Kind of off topic but does anyone here live in Florida? How does the corrosive environment treat your statues?
Old 07-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #1984
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Ha, funny. Kind of off topic but does anyone here live in Florida? How does the corrosive environment treat your statues?
I do! Well ya see, we got this thing called air-conditioning these days. I thought about displaying my statues in the back yard on a table, but decided putting them in the house instead. Was that a good move?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:41 PM   #1985
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I do! Well ya see, we got this thing called air-conditioning these days. I thought about displaying my statues in the back yard on a table, but decided putting them in the house instead. Was that a good move?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:48 PM   #1986
Cromulon
Justice League

Well, I'm out here and new to FL. Idk what goes on here in terms of having expensive things. I got my storage unit back in Denver cause I'm too scared to move my hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff yet. Do we like get hurricanes everyday or something? Obviously I am exaggerating but someone, please enlighten me. Probably a stupid question but figured I should ask anyway.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:08 PM   #1987
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Well, I'm out here and new to FL. Idk what goes on here in terms of having expensive things. I got my storage unit back in Denver cause I'm too scared to move my hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff yet. Do we like get hurricanes everyday or something? Obviously I am exaggerating but someone, please enlighten me. Probably a stupid question but figured I should ask anyway.
......mmm
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #1988
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Damn....u should of stayed in Denver lol
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:28 PM   #1989
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Those CM Preds still look much more proportional to the movie Pred than the stocky 1/3 from P1.

Placing them next to the CM version will make it clear. Although it will also look odd having 2 nearly-identical poses on nearly identical bases!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
The CM and Sideshow EX Maquette became obsolete as soon as this piece was revealed. But at least they had more than a decade at the top.

Your statue became obsolete even before you had it in hand The statue you bought Prime 1 used as a test run for this masterpiece

This piece is phenomenal. The proportions are fantastic. The attention to detail is second to none. The head, arms, legs, waist, pose, base...they’re all perfect. It’s the greatest movie statue ever made.

I and MANY others have our DXS on order, do you?
I must admit I am always baffled by the need to rear down another piece to prop up the other.

This 1/3 scale Pred is a fans wet dream.. Why not just be happy for them?

I am one "Hey dad I would love to have that" from my son and I would get this in a sec. lol... I cant justify it for myself. But I could if I gave it as a gift to my kid who loves the movie more than I do. All these switch outs are amazing. The detail looks great. Its not perfect to my eyes but its damn close and looks like so much fun to switch out parts.

I also dont agree with the 1/4, the CM, or the SW maquette becoming obsolete.

The CM has always been its own "Predator" Its never been movie based. So IMO it was never in the running as the best "Film accurate" Predator. It was just a great Predator and still is.

The P1 1/4 scale has a pose that, IMO, makes it stand out as something special compared to all the other statues out there. It just Drips Kevin Peter Hall. It feels like the predator. It has life. Plus its damn close to film accurate for a 1/4 scale.

The SW maquette my be the closest to obsolete. BUT I just have never been a fan.

Having said all that. If I was a Predator fan that demanded accuracy down to the smallest detail. Well its not even a competition. 1/3 scale version wins. As it should at that price and size.

Like I have said I love that Predator fans are getting this. Maybe now they can keep quiet about all the less then accurate statues out there lol

But its great to have options. If you cant afford the 1/3, you got the1/4. If you don't care for one you have the other.

Life is good for the Pred fan.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:18 PM   #1990
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
The grey is the digital model The black outline of the original suit is NOT part of Prime 1’s “model” this is getting pathetic. You think you know what you’re talking about but you don’t and everything you make a claim is proven to be false.

There are black outlines (original suit) around the grey digital overplayed model. In this case the insides and outsides of the legs and around the outside of the waist. Mostly all areas have the original suit still visible showing a black outline. This is not part of the model. Prime 1 modeled it this way “slightly smaller” to account for “room for error”. Im sure you can’t comprehend I this because it’s shoots down your effort to prove something that doesn’t exist...so I’m not expecting you to think critically. But it’s a fact this is not an opinion or a perspective.
The “black outline” is the NET hanging loose off the inside of the Leg—it is not part of the actual leg! (See pics)

Again, its clear that they rendered the leg too thick!

If you can’t see that the space between the edge of leg and Net is ALMOST NOTHING in the Render compared to the Actual, then you need to stay off the internet as you are delusional.

Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote