Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-05-2021, 02:10 PM   #2801
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Dup.

Might as well yarn to fill in the space!
Hows the endo coming along Wayne? Hope you get it soon.
Congrats on getting the bust, whilst it is way overpriced, it is a killer piece, portrait is perfect and the full op medkit completes this entire set.

The bust and cannon is not entirely without it's use, you can display any of the 4 heads (5 including the closed mouth), with the FS or as a standalone piece anywhere in the home. So I guess that's neat. The pred heads do look a lot better on the bust versus the standard stand.
Thanks mate the Endo is still being paid off monthly my friend. Should be paid and ready to ship out to me later next year. Slow and steady does it, its a big hit cost that one!!!!!!
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:32 PM   #2802
SDguy

oof! Another peeling decals post for the 1/4 on the P1 FB group. I am REALLY curious to know what they plan to use for the 1/3.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:00 PM   #2803
dao2
Cyclops

I saw that post, didn't really see the peeling though :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:08 PM   #2804
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Don't know how relevant this is, but all versions of the 1/4 are waitlisted on Prime 1's site. What CoJe suggested in their posts above is very likely true -- they went out of their way to separate the aesthetic of the 1/4 from the new 1/3, which is its own problem -- but that was still acceptable for many people. There's no shortage of Big Game photos out there, loads were shipped and kept. Sure, folks like me posted up a storm, but it hasn't done much to hurt Prime 1's reputation. We're in the minority.
Interesting I checked the DX about a month ago and never saw a 'low stock' notice. I bet they discontinued it to focus on other projects. Still took almost 3 years to get wait listed.

Cole made an excellent point and I agree 100%. The 1/4 BG change was significant and deliberate, and also looked similar in colours to other BG preds. It pretty much went from JH imitator to JH comic version.

Compared to the 1/4 Fugi and CH, those changes were minor and the usual expected downgrades from pre to post production.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:09 PM   #2805
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I saw that post, didn't really see the peeling though :<
Not sure if I'd call it peeling per se, looked more like parts of the decal never adhered. You had to scroll down to some of the close up shots.

I am not at all against decal use, but print up good quality ones and apply them well/correctly.
Old 11-05-2021, 03:12 PM   #2806
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Not sure if I'd call it peeling per se, looked more like parts of the decal never adhered. You had to scroll down to some of the close up shots.

I am not at all against decal use, but print up good quality ones and apply them well/correctly.
It's possibly easier to see irl but I watched the video as well. I do see that the decals don't exactly match up with the lines but that's pretty expected nor did they looked more raised then they would normally be? I dunno just feels like it's the same as he got it and it looked normal to me, hard to say from just pics though stuff like that can be difficult to capture.
Old 11-05-2021, 03:18 PM   #2807
SDguy

Maybe you are looking on your phone like I was, but this looks pretty ----ty to me. There is like a strip through the black of missing pigment, to the right of center, and some spots, many as you move back, have missing parts... they don't even look like dots/spots anymore. Just a hot mess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	251779406_3200008840215556_4179157921033134742_n.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	143774   Click image for larger version

Name:	253504304_3200009183548855_1844847171889432133_n.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	143775  
Old 11-05-2021, 03:25 PM   #2808
Dundee
Hydra

Mkcollector has just received his and there is a video review.

You can see around the quill hole insertions, the paint is lifted and some parts have little crack dusts. The adhesion process is poor and puncturing holes for the quills must have disturbed those areas.

Makes me think the paint would chip and fall off in the future. I hope these ones are in the minority but still, I'd be absolutely pi$$ed off if mine came like that.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:02 PM   #2809
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Maybe you are looking on your phone like I was, but this looks pretty ----ty to me. There is like a strip through the black of missing pigment, to the right of center, and some spots, many as you move back, have missing parts... they don't even look like dots/spots anymore. Just a hot mess.
You can see in those photos that they tried to repaint the light brown color between the black spots. And even without that "fix," it looks pretty lousy. The colors, the shapes of the spots, the muddiness of the whole thing. I still don't understand how some collectors think this is acceptable. Sure it's okay, better than Sideshow's most recent attempt, but is that really where we want to leave the bar for a $1500 piece?
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #2810
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
I viewed it on my computer. The first photo I don't really see anything. Is it the bumps? Cause that's just the normal texture of his head. The second I do see some but mine has some of that if you look super up close like that even day 1 though probably not as bad. Any statue has issues that up close really.. paint ain't perfect.