Since it was asked for, whoever wants it, here
It’s on my paypal invoice too.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:26 AM   #3202
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
JND joker is a lot cheaper to ship than what I was getting and this Pred will be. I guess you didn't understand the situation, the free ship on my order was not in doubt, he just wouldn't honor it.
He won’t do that. Too many people will cancel it.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:23 PM   #3203
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
He won?t do that. Too many people will cancel it.
I hope you are right, but it's just hopeful thinking at this point as we won't know for sure till they arrive in a year or two.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:31 PM   #3204
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I hope you are right, but it's just hopeful thinking at this point as we won't know for sure till they arrive in a year or two.
Shane is not gonna mess around with this piece. JND Joker is really, really nice, but:

The importance of this statue simply cannot be overstated.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:57 PM   #3205
Blade3327
Nightwing

How do we imagine this guy will be assembled? Will the torso, upper arms, and thighs be one piece? Will the torso be separated at the belt? Will the feet slot into the base or will they be fixed to the base already?

To those that have owned the CM, what was it like putting that one together?

EDIT:

Used Leo Leung's chart as a starting point and put together only the 1/3 and 1/4 statues based on the original films. There are inconsistencies due to the different focal lengths/angles the photos were taken, so take it as a ballpark comparison.

It's a shame Prime 1 conduct themselves the way they do and that certain pieces here have major flaws in their execution (the 1/4 CH and JH), but man... no other company is exploring these licenses in such a pure, accurate, and comprehensive way. If another company is able to produce Alien and Predator statues in the future, I hope they use these sculpts as a benchmark for how these characters are to be presented.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:30 AM   #3206
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

What really jumps out at me with this chart, is the Alien Warrior Drone. He's not no 1/3 scale! I have the Chap & Dog and was thinking of getting him later if it turns out with no problems....but he's too small looking.

I know his knees are bent, but just look at the size of his head compared to the others... What were they thinking? Same scenario that got me with....with the 1/4 Pred's not being scaled the same that bothered me. Come on man.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:15 AM   #3207
Blade3327
Nightwing

Supposedly they based the Warrior's size on the shorter suit performers who worked on that film. We're talking 5- to 6-foot gymnasts instead of a 6'10" actor. Doesn't make for the best statue, though.

Then again, the dimensions of the bust seem similar to the others. We may not know exactly how big the Warrior is (or how big it "feels" next to other pieces) until he's out.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:35 PM   #3208
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

JH and Big Chap both confirmed 1/3 scales. Big Chap looks slightly under scaled to me compared to JH. While we never saw these 2 on screen together I always imagined Big Chap to be slightly bigger than JH. But maybe it?s not. But we do see Dutch vs Predator. Dutch is 6ft 2. JH apparently 7ft 2. Ripley is supposedly 5ft 10/11 and Sigourney Weaver is said to be 6ft at the time of filming vs Big Chap at 7ft 2. I think Big Chap will be much too big for the 1/4 scale Ripley but does look nice against the Warrior in the chart. It seems to me the Warrior will be 1/4 scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post

MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:15 PM   #3209
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Supposedly they based the Warrior's size on the shorter suit performers who worked on that film. We're talking 5- to 6-foot gymnasts instead of a 6'10" actor. Doesn't make for the best statue, though.

Then again, the dimensions of the bust seem similar to the others. We may not know exactly how big the Warrior is (or how big it "feels" next to other pieces) until he's out.
Did they actually claim that? If so, that's really ----ing dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
JH and Big Chap both confirmed 1/3 scales. Big Chap looks slightly under scaled to me compared to JH. While we never saw these 2 on screen together I always imagined Big Chap to be slightly bigger than JH. But maybe it?s not. But we do see Dutch vs Predator. Dutch is 6ft 2. JH apparently 7ft 2. Ripley is supposedly 5ft 10/11 and Sigourney Weaver is said to be 6ft at the time of filming vs Big Chap at 7ft 2. I think Big Chap will be much too big for the 1/4 scale Ripley but does look nice against the Warrior in the chart. It seems to me the Warrior will be 1/4 scale.
Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2". So it would be literally impossible for the original predator to only be 7'2".
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:46 PM   #3210
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Did they actually claim that? If so, that's really ----ing dumb.
Edit: I realize your question was in reference to P1’s decision
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote