Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-30-2023, 05:41 PM   #5011
Phart007
The X-Men

Thanks. That?s a good suggestion rather than me trying to drill the base at an angle & potentially ruining it. I will give it another go in a few days, I?m just so frustrated with it at present.
The peg was way too long on the replacement, I?ve already cut half an inch off with a hacksaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It looks more like the peg is at a slightly off angle rather than too big (Or maybe both) Could you try filing the peg at a slight angle front and back so that the statue can fall forward slightly more? I imagine the peg is too thick to heat up and manipulate the shape of, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to try...

Sorry you're having issues though. I just moved mine today on to a higher shelf, I figured it'd look good up high. I was correct.... But getting it up to almost shoulder height was NOT easy. I almost forgot how heavy this monster is.
Phart007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 06:40 PM   #5012
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Trying to fit a new body into the original base is always a recipe for disaster as the keys are never 100% the same, as stupid as that sounds.
Yes, I have found this to be the case also. It is very annoying.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:26 PM   #5013
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phart007 View Post
Thanks. That?s a good suggestion rather than me trying to drill the base at an angle & potentially ruining it. I will give it another go in a few days, I?m just so frustrated with it at present.
The peg was way too long on the replacement, I?ve already cut half an inch off with a hacksaw.
Sorry to hear what your going through. Fitting and assembly check should be a requirement before any statue gets sent out. Imo this is an absolute must, no matter the scale or size, all fitments and switch outs should be tested and tried.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:39 PM   #5014
Hutch0o
Birdman

Anything I could do for my ones black teeth? Not sure who painted this and thought going that black was a good idea. I may leave it, but if I can get the paint more accurate would like to know what you guys think considering it?s translucent resin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61769893-CA8E-4CC9-8949-93F2C769CC99.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	158593  
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 02:30 AM   #5015
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Anything I could do for my ones black teeth? Not sure who painted this and thought going that black was a good idea. I may leave it, but if I can get the paint more accurate would like to know what you guys think considering it?s translucent resin
I don't think the darker parts is paint. It's resin mixed with a darker hue.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:48 AM   #5016
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Use flashlight. You will see which part of resin teeth is painted.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:53 AM   #5017
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
I don't think the darker parts is paint. It's resin mixed with a darker hue.
Thats what I think.

You can soak a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol, Squeeze most of it out and the try to Rub the backside of a tooth with the wet cotton ball to see if it strips the black color off the teeth. I DONT think thats gonna solve the problem.

If mine are this dark I am definitely going to carefully brighten them up with a couple thin coats of acrylic paint and sealer. That is the only way to brighten up the color and make dark teeth lighter.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 09:40 AM   #5018
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I really don’t think that would be tainted resin. As others said: try to rub it away with isopropyl and a cotton ball and see what happens. Thankfully, fixing paint is way easier than sculptural flaws.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:03 PM   #5019
Patriot666
Birdman

Quote:
You might want to just live with it. I'm all for fixing paint issues but if it doesn't turn out just right, it's pretty much the most visible part of the statue. 2 cents!
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:10 PM   #5020
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
You might want to just live with it. I'm all for fixing paint issues but if it doesn't turn out just right, it's pretty much the most visible part of the statue. 2 cents!
Agreed. Unless you know what you are doing, definitely want to factor how far from perfect you may end up with, vs how far from perfect it is now. Just something to consider.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote