Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-09-2023, 12:37 AM   #5131
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
That bust will cost twice as much or more on eBay.
And then next year Prime will release the *insert here* variant edition. Don?t think for a second Prime won?t re-release this if they see the demand to do so.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 12:42 AM   #5132
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the price of the bust exceeds the entire 1/4 JH statue itself.

Closed mouth and battle damaged will be most sought after.
That?s actually pretty shocking but probably true.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 12:44 AM   #5133
chavez553

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
And then next year Prime will release the *insert here* variant edition. Don?t think for a second Prime won?t re-release this if they see the demand to do so.
Which is why I almost didn?t order this. Would seem to be just like purchasing an overly expensive piece of fancy plastic from Walmart. Lol.

But I did anyway. 😂
Old 02-09-2023, 03:30 AM   #5134
Hutch0o
Birdman

I honestly see this bust selling for double and up as time goes, once the DX and Reg full size statue sell out (both on low stock) there will be over 1200 full size predator owners who don’t have the closed mouth head which to me takes the statue into a rare category. The statue is amazing regardless but for the die hard predator fans to have that head sculpt and bust with detailed med kit to go with the best predator statue ever made it will be highly sought after
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 07:04 AM   #5135
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
Wow! If you can make all 3 boxes fit please take a photo. I spent 20 minutes in the UPS parking lot trying to configure a way, not to mention being drained from all of the "trial and error" attempts lifting those boxes up and down. I was kind of luck as the UPS facility was only 25 minutes away from my residence.
Will do and understand. Fingers crossed the weather is good also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I have a truck with a 8 ft. long bed, but if I was you... I'd just rent a pickup truck from Home Depot for the day and return that evening.
I did look at rent options, but local shops/dealers (for small van) require using it within a limited radius only. This trip is twice as much (across border).

Don't like to borrow from neighbor either, so going decide this weekend if it will fit.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 07:22 AM   #5136
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

I did look at rent options, but local shops/dealers (for small van) require using it within a limited radius only. This trip is twice as much (across border).

Don't like to borrow from neighbor either, so going decide this weekend if it will fit.
How much will it cost to get it delivered to your home? Could be an option if not too pricey.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 07:59 AM   #5137
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Or not. Would you take that risk? I want it all and I want it now!
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 08:56 AM   #5138
Mooste
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post

Where are you going? Germany?
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:47 AM   #5139
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riozza311 View Post
Where did you get the display cases?
I have a guy in my local area that builds "museum quality" custom glass and acrylic cases. Any acrylic/glass fabrication shop in your area can build these types of cases.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 02:35 PM   #5140
chavez553

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
I have a guy in my local area that builds "museum quality" custom glass and acrylic cases. Any acrylic/glass fabrication shop in your area can build these types of cases.
That?s true.

A lot people don?t realize they can get glass and stuff custom built in their area. Costs money though.

If you?re handy you can save a tone of money and have stuff cut for you at your local mill to your specs and then slap it together yourself.

Learn hot to use a pocket hole jig. Maybe buy some simple tools to do the job. Talk about an investment.