Hydra

https://youtu.be/ePfQsVCZoxU
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 01:40 PM   #5152
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Impressive. Looks a bit like the 1/4 version, though. Or like the animatronic from Predators (2010), due to the chunkiness of the jaws.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 01:55 PM   #5153
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Impressive. Looks a bit like the 1/4 version, though. Or like the animatronic from Predators (2010), due to the chunkiness of the jaws.
Nice effort but i would've just spent and Extra $1000 and got the bust and then you have both heads

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 06:59 PM   #5154
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Nice effort but i would've just spent and Extra $1000 and got the bust and then you have both heads

Believe me, a guy like that spent next to nothing re sculpting that bust that way.

Just materials and his time.

Oh.. and all those art classes he spent mucho money on, unless he?s a natural talent and learned it on his own. There are guys out there like that.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:23 PM   #5155
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
Believe me, a guy like that spent next to nothing re sculpting that bust that way.

Just materials and his time.

Oh.. and all those art classes he spent mucho money on, unless he?s a natural talent and learned it on his own. There are guys out there like that.

it's not terrible, but i don't understand why anyone would do that to the open mouth head, which is a perfectly sculpted open mouth Predator head.

I think it was Thx217 did something similar to a Cinemaeutte Predator. I think he modified the face so you could put a mask on it, and repainted it. IMO it didn't look too hot.

people will do the craziest things in the name of art.
Old 02-11-2023, 01:22 AM   #5156
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Looks good. Also makes it look so easy to do lol. Would have been nice if he posted some pics displayed with fully body shot to see the overall result.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 07:24 AM   #5157
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
If I encounter any difficulty I plan on putting a slight amount of WD40 on the pegs to make things glide easier
Good idea, get out the ole WD-40. Sometimes it's a question of hitting that sweet spot and the whole thing drops into place. There's been a couple of times though where I'm there for forty minutes and can't get the damn thing onto the base, in the meantime I'm hearing these little crunches here and there, nerve-racking!
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 09:23 AM   #5158
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Good idea, get out the ole WD-40. Sometimes it's a question of hitting that sweet spot and the whole thing drops into place. There's been a couple of times though where I'm there for forty minutes and can't get the damn thing onto the base, in the meantime I'm hearing these little crunches here and there, nerve-racking!
Exactly! For years when assembling my big Home Depot Skeletons I would have a battle of wills when assembling hip joints. The have to be inserted at the same time and perfectly level and there is little room for error. I last year to took out the WD-40 and I got them connected on the first try in about 15 seconds. It was such a relief.

You are right, it absolutely assists with hitting the sweet spot. For this price I will spray a little in a cup and brush it on so there isnt a puddle of excess WD 40 on the base. It can be a little tough to control amount that comes out.
Old 02-11-2023, 10:20 AM   #5159
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Another review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja9Es1veHsg
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 10:26 AM   #5160
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
I use glycerol to lube pegs. Easier to clean up or remove than WD40 IMO.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote