Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-12-2023, 06:25 PM   #5641
New
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Gloss finish is perfect. He was shiny in the movie. Not matte like 1/4 version
Really? I thought that was the 'post pond dipping' look. This old girl needs some down time to watch it again. Just thinking of the theme music is bringing out happy anticipation... darn my early weekend shift getting in the way of quality movie viewing.

I have to admit, Billy's skull and spinal column were the real appeal for me - sure Predator looks incredible, but I'm still not sold on the paint. I look at some of the awesome video reviews and just feel that the paint work deserves to be of higher quality, but
I'll check out more video reviews because everything else it the DBs...

Dang, save money in an ISA or spend... you're all bad influences, I'm definitely among my kind on this forum lol.
New is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 09:08 PM   #5642
Riozza311
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by New View Post
Really? I thought that was the 'post pond dipping' look. This old girl needs some down time to watch it again. Just thinking of the theme music is bringing out happy anticipation... darn my early weekend shift getting in the way of quality movie viewing.

I have to admit, Billy's skull and spinal column were the real appeal for me - sure Predator looks incredible, but I'm still not sold on the paint. I look at some of the awesome video reviews and just feel that the paint work deserves to be of higher quality, but
I'll check out more video reviews because everything else it the DBs...

Dang, save money in an ISA or spend... you're all bad influences, I'm definitely among my kind on this forum lol.

The predator himself is amazing paint detail but yes the base is not that great..I re paint most of my bases as I did with this ..for thousands of dollars you spend you should have it all professionally painted, not just the predator himself. Prime1 did say each artist paints them so no 2 would be alike when I asked.
Riozza311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 12:04 AM   #5643
Blade3327
Nightwing

I do wish the spine trophy were painted more like the prototype, which was a darker, more muted red with nice beige bone tones here and there. The prototype is almost entirely a bright, saturated red and I think that's why it pops so much more.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 01:32 AM   #5644
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riozza311 View Post
The predator himself is amazing paint detail but yes the base is not that great..I re paint most of my bases as I did with this ..for thousands of dollars you spend you should have it all professionally painted, not just the predator himself. Prime1 did say each artist paints them so no 2 would be alike when I asked.
I love the base. Besides the dead wood on the trunk looking sloppy, everything else is painted nicely, with water and moisture over laying some of the logs and moss. One of the best statue bases ever, I cannot see any other predator base beating this one in concept and fit.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 04:03 AM   #5645
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I do wish the spine trophy were painted more like the prototype, which was a darker, more muted red with nice beige bone tones here and there. The prototype is almost entirely a bright, saturated red and I think that's why it pops so much more.
I 2nd this. It's not as bright in person, but it definitely feels like it could be 20% darker. Still awesome though
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 11:39 AM   #5646
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Sweaty sexy predator is the way to go.

Like Dutch, if prime or whoever makes a 1/3 Dutch, he needs to look sweaty as well.
I was in that jungle where they shot the movie. Hot and humid as hell. Plus add moisture from the Misol Ha waterfall. Brutal.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 08:56 PM   #5647
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I was in that jungle where they shot the movie. Hot and humid as hell. Plus add moisture from the Misol Ha waterfall. Brutal.
All the actors, especially Kevin Peter Hall did such a fantastic job. The environment they shot in is absolutely brutal. One of the best sci fi movie ever made and by far the best predator move.

I'm still stunned that people rate Prey as almost as good as Predator, hahaha no bloody way, not even close.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 04:18 AM   #5648
Ezhil
Mephisto

Prey is the feminist version of the series....it is made only for the females..and feminists .while males prefer predator
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 08:45 AM   #5649
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Predator is 100% the superior movie in every way, but I don't know where this Prey hate has come from all of a sudden? The general consensus I saw was it was easy an Top 3 Predator film. Some even had it at #2. I loved it and thought the director did a fantastic job. Hope he does more Pred films which he has expressed interest in doing.
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 09:19 AM   #5650
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Prey is the BEST Predator movie since the original 1987 Predator movie.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote