Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-21-2023, 09:32 AM   #29041
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I personally think the original Indiana Jones trilogy is right up there.

One could probably make an argument that the original Star Wars trilogy is also a contender.

For a 2-movie combo, it would be almost impossible to top The Godfather and The Godfather Part II.
What about The Expendables?

Just kidding.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:32 AM   #29042
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i like the Indy movies, but to me they never felt like a trilogy even when it was still a trilogy. it's 3 almost entirely disconnected stories that just so happen to be about the same man.

Back to the Future would probably be my favorite, the day it gets "revisited" will be a sad one for the world.
Back to the Future series is a contender for sure.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:33 AM   #29043
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Everything Everywhere All At Once - 8/10 initial impression. I want to watch it again because I think this is the type of movie that might be even better on multiple viewings. Definitely a creative movie.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 06:13 PM   #29044
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Everything Everywhere All At Once - 8/10 initial impression. I want to watch it again because I think this is the type of movie that might be even better on multiple viewings. Definitely a creative movie.
One of the most overlooked movies in recent history.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 06:34 PM   #29045
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
One of the most overlooked movies in recent history.
How so? It's grossed 107M, the highest grossing release for A24 ever, has won 273 awards and is nominated for 11 Oscars.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 09:48 PM   #29046
Demona
Martian Manhunter

That movie was just sooo much to take in on one viewing. I should watch it again.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 09:51 PM   #29047
Demona
Martian Manhunter

NOPE: 6/10

I’m not even sure how to rate this film. Watched it today while home with Rona. Didn’t hate it. Didn’t love it. It was just there. Maybe there is some deeper social commentary I’m missing or something, but I think I get what he was going for….
Overall, I do enjoy Keke Palmer and there is a worse way to spend 2 hours.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 12:59 AM   #29048
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
NOPE: 6/10

I?m not even sure how to rate this film. Watched it today while home with Rona. Didn?t hate it. Didn?t love it. It was just there. Maybe there is some deeper social commentary I?m missing or something, but I think I get what he was going for?.
Overall, I do enjoy Keke Palmer and there is a worse way to spend 2 hours.
Of the three Jordan Peele movies, this one was my favorite. I found the connection between the sitcom monkey and the alien to be smartly done. You'd think the child star would have learned the first time that you can't play nice with these type of creatures and expect them to always cooperate, but no, instead he became obsessed with the idea well into adulthood and look what happened. I apologize if I'm explaining the obvious, but I really liked that aspect of the film. I rated it 8/10.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 01:04 AM   #29049
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Close (2022) - The intense friendship between two thirteen-year old boys Leo and Remi suddenly gets disrupted. Struggling to understand what has happened, L?o approaches Sophie, R?mi's mother. "Close" is a film about friendship and responsibility.

The premise was not what I expected based on what I previously knew about this movie. Heartbreaking. 9/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 09:39 AM   #29050
SONICobra
Batman

fast 8 - 1/10
fast 9 - 0/10

i always knew these movies were garbage but my gf wants to see the last ones and she hadnt seen these yet. i stopped watching after 5 i think? i cant turn my brain off enough to get any enjoyment out of these. at least statham was a bad ass in the few scenes he was in during fast 8. i mean they are basically live action looney tunes with people getting shot to the point they have bullet holes in their clothes yet remain unharmed and are strapping rockets to cars to shoot themselves into outer space ...LITERALLY. also im just about at a point if i hear vin diesel say "family" one more time im going to cut my ears off with a spoon
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote