Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #11
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ah I see. See I WOULD buy this as a BR player mainly. The games I want won't come until 2nd quarter or later. There are some nice looking games coming out but good looking isn't anything compared to gameplay. At the moment though, I don't need to run out. Unless they start making the Pixar movies in BR right away, then I guess I will
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

id hold off and buy one when there are more games.
besides you know the system itself will have more option and features in the future.
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #13
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I don't regret not buying one. Even at my peak of video game geekness I wouldn't have shelled out that kind of money for a system.

I'll stick to my Ps2 & DS Lite. I'll probably pick up a 360 and that's a big maybe.
dude pick up the 360....its well worth it...i was a playstation guy for years but im glad i made the switch
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:59 PM   #14
Primal
Batman

Thumbs up Domination of the Wii

Quote:
Nintendo Records Best Holiday Selling Season in U.S. Video Game History

Jan 12, 2007

Virtually every new Wii and Nintendo DS system sold out across America

There has never been anything like it. Independent U.S. sales figures released by the NPD Group confirmed a red-hot launch for the new Wii system by Nintendo, and the crowning of the portable Nintendo DS as the best-selling video game device of any type for both the holidays and all of 2006.

Along with stunning success for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and historic sales of accessories, including more than 1.5 million extra controllers for Wii alone, Nintendo recorded the most successful across-the-board holiday performance in U.S. video game history.

Among key results:

Consumers purchased every Wii console available at retail--more than a million in just the 44 days between U.S. launch and year end.
With sales of another 1.6 million systems in December alone, Nintendo DS achieved full year sell-through of 5.3 million.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was purchased by an extraordinary 86 percent of Wii buyers, or more than 900,000 games for that system alone. Coupled with the companion version released in December for Nintendo GameCube, the two versions of the newest Zelda title totaled approximately 1.5 million unit sales in less than seven weeks, which would represent one of the five best-selling games for the entire year.
Wii owners also purchased an average of three additional games from a wide library of choices, in addition to the Wii Sports title packed in with every hardware system.
Two Nintendo DS titles, New Super Mario Bros. and Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day, also were top-10 sellers for the year.
Throughout the November/December holiday shopping period, Nintendo accounted for more than half of all video game hardware systems sold in America.

Earlier this week, Nintendo increased its projected worldwide financial performance for the year ending on March 31 to be the best in company history.

“Millions of players, both hard-core and brand-new, are already enjoying the unique entertainment provided by Wii, but demand for the system remains incredibly high,” says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “So our work is just beginning. We’re dedicating ourselves to maximizing both manufacturing and distribution full bore throughout 2007, to make sure everyone who wants to experience the future of video gaming can do so just as soon as possible.”

The momentum behind Wii will continue unabated through the early weeks of 2007, with retail debuts of WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii Play and Mario Party 8 from Nintendo; a host of third-party releases; and a steady stream of classic games made available via download with the Wii Shop Channel.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #15
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooktroop View Post
id hold off and buy one when there are more games.
besides you know the system itself will have more option and features in the future.
Exactly. No need to rush out and spend the cash on something that will just sit there, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
dude pick up the 360....its well worth it...i was a playstation guy for years but im glad i made the switch
And definitely G! You can't go wrong with the 360 it's made for ppl like us! We even got Boony on this side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
You're preaching to the wrong group, Primal! No matter what these guys won't be into the Wii, which is kewl, cause the Nintendo is doing fine regardless!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:38 PM   #16
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Exactly. No need to rush out and spend the cash on something that will just sit there, mate.

And definitely G! You can't go wrong with the 360 it's made for ppl like us! We even got Boony on this side!

You're preaching to the wrong group, Primal! No matter what these guys won't be into the Wii, which is kewl, cause the Nintendo is doing fine regardless!

wii is wack!
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 AM   #17
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirthew View Post
I feel a price cut coming up really quick on the PS3 unit... if Gamestop is offering 100 for a trade in PS2 towards the PS3 and can't sell them... then the only thing that is going to help it is a price drop coupled with an awsome game... You can find a PS3 everywhere now... a Wii... No where to be found.
I disagree on the price drop. They already are taking a loss atthis cost so it is unlikely they will drop the price. If a PS sits in a Best Buy, Sonu does not care as it already sold the unit. As for availability, here in NJ/NYC it is still nowhere to be seen. On the other hand I stumbled onto some Wiis yesterday.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #18
P1X4R
Producer

mine is basically going to be used as a BD player. i picked up Marvel Alliance recently though!
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:32 AM   #19
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I disagree on the price drop. They already are taking a loss atthis cost so it is unlikely they will drop the price. If a PS sits in a Best Buy, Sonu does not care as it already sold the unit. As for availability, here in NJ/NYC it is still nowhere to be seen. On the other hand I stumbled onto some Wiis yesterday.
I disagree... the guys at Gamestop tell me that they cannot even move them.. of course... The store is 2 miles from Microsoft and Nintendo.. so maybe it is just Bellevue, Wa where they are a plenty... The Best Buy had a pallet full of PS3 60 gig units... and not a one was missing... In Japan retail stores are offering 20 percent discounts on the 20 Gig unit trying to move them...

And your right.. Sony does not care right now... but wait until the stores restock once they sell.. they wont be ordering as many as before because they just sit there... But the situation from my perspective... does not look good for Sony right now...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:48 AM   #20
CaptCracker
Death is hereditary.

The ps3 is only slightly better of whats out now, IMO hold onto your cash...your not missing out on anything.
I'm happy with the 360....just picked up the wii Sunday morning and happy with that too, its surprisingly fun and different.....just wish they had a bigger selection of new games worthy of play.
CaptCracker is offline   Reply With Quote