Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #61
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus View Post
Just recently got into reading comicbooks again after a very (very) long pause
First book I bought: The Killng Joke (Alan Moore & Brian Bolland).
Love it! Fantastic art and captivating story.

Have Batman, The court of owls and The Joker on order.

Was hoping you could point me in the right direction of some awesome Marvel comic books.
Spider-Man, Hulk and X-men are all characters I like.
Deadpool looks interesting...
Where to start?!

Thanks.
The Marvel Universe has been very convoluted of late. Just wait and check out the new Marvel NOW re-launches of every title . If you want current stuff not being re-launched i'll pimp DAREDEVIl and AVENGING SPIDER-MAN all day long.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #62
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Chris,

Locke and Key by Joe Hill (who is Stephen King's son) is gonna check every box for you mate

It's not just an awesome comic, it's awesome storytelling, period. You'll be thanking me in no time I guarantee it
You called it. Thanks! I've been reading the Locke and Key trades and I'm blown away. This is an incredible series. The writing is fantastic and Gabriel Rodriguez is producing some of the best comic art I've ever seen. How is he not a god-like name in comics? I know the answer actually..he's not drawing super heroes. Put him on an X-book and he'd be one of the biggest names in comics within a year. His work is insane. Anyways, as popular as this series seems to be, it should be much moreso. It's brilliant.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #63
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I posted this in another thread....my be of some help here:

I just finished Superior Spiderman graphic novels all the way to Volume 6...I was never a Spiderman comic fan because I couldn't stand the way Parker did things. The writing so predictable, silly and cliché... I read a few reviews on the Superior Spiderman and found something different... knew I had to give it a read..ended up getting all the graphic novel volumes from Amazon... Was awesome. Otto was the Spiderman I aways wanted parker to be. My only concern is the ending and where it left off. If this is it for Otto in Parkers body, Im done. Was a hell of a run though.

If you liked that, another series to consider is the Fantastic Four & FF run in graphic novel format volumes by Jonathan Hickman..I was never really a Fantastic four guy until I read the review on his particular run and saw it posed something different to my taste. Another Awesome read. All volumes can be found on Amazon...I cant speak for any other run but Jonathan Hickmans.

Also Jonathan Hickman did a run on Ultimates Comics Ultimates graphic novel volume 1 and 2...Another awesome read that involves the Ultimate Universe Reed Richards.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote