Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #1
aloprinzi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Smile Jim lee's nightwing

I have seen nigtwings mask in both blue and black but, in the jim lee comics such as hush I'm having a hard time figuring out of his mask is actually blue? Or black? Sometimes it's hard to tell if he is using a blue as a black in comics. I believe in jim lee's version it is blue like his batman but, I'm not a 100 percent sure? Could someone verify this for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
aloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

It is blue but some times it is black due to shadows (Scott Williams' inking).

JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
aloprinzi

Thank you so much for answering jpsarri. I can't wait to watch your video comparison between Bowen juggernaut and kotobukiya juggernaut. I hope you keep up with the great videos.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #4
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloprinzi View Post
Thank you so much for answering jpsarri. I can't wait to watch your video comparison between Bowen juggernaut and kotobukiya juggernaut. I hope you keep up with the great videos.
Thanks, friend. The video is already done (trimmed and edited). I just have to upload it to youtube. It will be done tonight or early tomorrow morning before I head to work. Thanks for your patience.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
aloprinzi

Cool, I will definitely check it out. I enjoy a in depth review. It's awesome how you point out the best and your concerns. I personally like them both. I enjoy the color of the Bowen and the pose but, ericks work is just so amazing it's hard to not look at his juggernaut and not stand in amazement of the beautiful attention to detail.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #6
aloprinzi

One last question for jpsarri. I have purchased the prototypez studio's nightwing. I really want to keep everything I get color wise jim lee comic book accurate colors, batman blue as well but, in looking at the prototypez paint up of nightwing. I'm wondering if a blue metallic mask would look as good compared to a black color? I'm wondering if it will draw to much attention compared to the black? I really want it to be comic accurate. I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on this subject?
Old 09-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #7
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
One last question for jpsarri. I have purchased the prototypez studio's nightwing. I really want to keep everything I get color wise jim lee comic book accurate colors, batman blue as well but, in looking at the prototypez paint up of nightwing. I'm wondering if a blue metallic mask would look as good compared to a black color? I'm wondering if it will draw to much attention compared to the black? I really want it to be comic accurate. I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on this subject?
the reason i went with the black mask on that paintup was because i had used a metallic blue for his costume and didn't think it would look at good.
i plan on painting up another one with a more skyblue to resemble the Hush Nightwing and also the same with the mask.
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #8
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Either or, my friend. If you want Jim Lee accurate specifically, I say avoid the metallics and go with a nice flat-light blue and you're good to go.

If your only concern is comic accuracy, black works just fine. Nightwing has been rendered with both black and blue domino masks throughout his run.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #9
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Either or, my friend. If you want Jim Lee accurate specifically, I say avoid the metallics and go with a nice flat-light blue and you're good to go.

If your only concern is comic accuracy, black works just fine. Nightwing has been rendered with both black and blue domino masks throughout his run.
I agree. Scott McDaniel's Nightwing (the best if you ask me) used to switch between black, blue and even purple, depending on the colorist.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #10
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
There is no right or wrong answer. It depends on your point of view. For me, metallic would be too much. Black or a dark blue would be fantastic! It is your choice.